Got some gear

Bike
2010 ST1300
20230401_090429.jpgBut I can't use it for a bit.
I ordered this 10' long extra wide ramp last weekend.
Then Tuesday my doctor scheduled me for a Wednesday "fast" surgery to clean up and restitch my knee after his 8 week old work failed. Well, was split by the physical therapist.
Thankfully it only needed an inch long by quarter inch redo.
Now I'm just hanging out in a splint.
Oh well, gives me a chance to do some side extensions on the lift.
Best designs I've seen involve pipes below the lift table which then slide under or through some side pieces.
On the bright side. Since I knew I'd be out of commission, I got on the ST and put in a couple of hours in the backroads Tuesday afternoon. It was my only ride of 2023, loved it.
Took couple of new to me roads and just soaked up the day.
I should be riding again in the next month.

Last edited:

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I have that black widow ramp - has three ramps that connect side by side.
the center ramp is about 14 inches and the two sides are 10 inches. It can handle a gold wing if needed.

it’s been very useful - I’ve practiced a pickup truck load and the cargo trailer. It’s been a big confidence builder riding the bikes up and down the ramp. Really well made. Even used the side ramps to load quads and the lawn tractor.

get well and nurse that knee with time.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
How wide should a ramp be for the feet and bike to slowly ride up or down?
Larry, I have a home built one, ( 2x4’s on edge, with 3/4” plywood dadoed into them), which is 30” wide, allows plenty of room for the feet on each side. I am not sure it’s heavy enough for my ST, but it handles my NC700 without much deflection at all.
Edit: it is 96” long, which is just about right for my 4wd truck.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
When I first had my 2005 ST1300, I found that I needed help to load/unload it from my trailer when I had to cart the bike around, due to my wife not wanting to ride to CalStoc and up to the ole Gold Country in Northern CA.

A single ramp was too risky.

So I found a triple ramp on ebay and bough it. I found that just bolting them together did not allow my feet to contact the outer ramps, so I took some schedule 80 sprinkler pipe, cut off six 6" pieces and used 8" 1/2" bolts to separate each ramp. I can now walk my bikes up, or down, without any problems!

0616090929b.jpg

OP
OP
3RePete
Bike
2010 ST1300
The extra width is critical. I absolutely have to be able to set down my feet.
That's the main reason I spent the extra money, couldn't find a wide 10 footer in the used listings around here.

Top Bottom