Headset Amplifier

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Looking for an amplifier that will increase volume from iPhone to Cardo headset.

Iphone to amp to headset. All bluetooth? No wires.

Anyone?

Bulitt

Flori-Duh-Man
Bike
1200GS, 18 Wing DCT
Looking for an amplifier that will increase volume from iPhone to Cardo headset.

Anyone?
Start with the simple first if you haven’t tried it. Have you checked to be sure the volume out on your I phone is at max volume? If it is…..full volume on your headset would be too loud for comfort.

I use android and Sena but have the same issue if the volume on my phone isn’t at max.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I use an android app called Poweramp. It was the only app I had found,, about 4 years ago,,, that actually increases volume on playback. So it is a music player only. I had to remove the original samsung player,,, before it was dominant. I was so impressed,, that I payed for it !! All the rest of my apps and intercom and phone were loud enough on their own. 40mm speakers are best,,, CAt'

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
My wife's new iPhone limits her volume output to protect her hearing. What it doesn't know is that we ride with custom filtered earplugs that limit decibels and use Cardo Pack Talk Bold with JBL speakers playing Amazon playlists. So her hearing is protected. Anyone know an app or work around would be greatly appreciated by the Mrs. I think this maybe the same thing feejer is dealing with?.

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
I also use filtered ear plugs for the wind noise. Everything works well when riding my 18 Wing and going through the Honda system. Plenty of volume. When I get on my FJR and use phone only just not enough volume for old worn out ears with the earplugs in.
I will check out the app store and see if there is anything that might work. Thanks for that tip.

larryg

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I use an android app called Poweramp. It was the only app I had found,, about 4 years ago,,, that actually increases volume on playback. So it is a music player only. I had to remove the original samsung player,,, before it was dominant. I was so impressed,, that I payed for it !! All the rest of my apps and intercom and phone were loud enough on their own. 40mm speakers are best,,, CAt'
I use Poweramp on Android also, it's a great and flexible player, The equalizer is what sold me on it originally, and that you can use playlists.
I paid for it also, but did not like the latest version that appeared on my phone magically one day, so I downgraded to my original version (2.0.10) and disabled updates successfully.

to the OP - If things are not loud enough for you, I suggest earbuds in place of your speakers and earplugs. You'll have plenty of volume then.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 st1300

Anyone?
I run a cardo and have for a couple years and had the same issue. I took apart a set of Beats headphones (pulled the speakers off the headset) and put them in my helmet, the headphone jack fits like factory, sound is more than loud enough now and of much better quality. It hasn't seemed to effect my battery life at all. A simple solution without adding more to the rig...

Bike
91 Honda ST1100
I am looking to buy a Bell Mag 9 Helmet and Sena BT XCVR setup. I have Poweramp (paid) on my Android device as well, as I was extremely satisfied with the free version.

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
Don't underestimate the value of careful headphone positioning.
This is very true. The first time I mounted the JBL speakers they were too far away from my ears. I shimmed them and got them closer to my ear w/o touching them made a huge difference.

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Tried a couple of ios amp apps last night. Didn't really do a lot and I had to transfer songs from phone or music to the app and then to play. Too much trouble. And then one of them would not play half of what I picked out because of some message about licensing rights. I have bought or loaded old cd's to all my music files so that app did not last long.
I just want something to amplify the sound from what is already there and not have to transfer music from one place to another yada yada.

I'm looking at Uncle Phil's suggestion. Anyone know of a good bluetooth dongle to come out of the Amplirider?

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Same question on the GL1800Riders Forum

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
My wife's new iPhone limits her volume output to protect her hearing... Anyone know an app or work around would be greatly appreciated by the Mrs.
Then you can remove the limits.

iPhone 12, iOS 14.7.1
Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Headphone Safety > Reduce Loud Sounds. Turn the toggle Off (slide left) for max volume. If it's already Off the phone can play at max volume.

Turn the toggle On (slide right) and you can select a maximum sound level from 75-100dB.

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Same question on the GL1800Riders Forum

That's me. That thread has turned into, "Hey what time is it?"

Here's how you build a watch.

Top Bottom