Heat Heat Heat

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
Just thought I post my thoughts on the St's heat.

No offence to anybody who really has problems with the ST's heat, but you people to ride a SuperHawk in the summer. :D

Before the ST my main ride was a Honda SuperHawk. I rode the SuperHawk every where including commuting. Summers in the Washington DC metro area are miserable. 100% humidty, mid 80's to mid 90 degree temps. Add to that the traffic in the DC area is always rated in the top 5 worst in the country. I've included a picture ( hopefully ) of the SuperHawk to help illustrate where the heat goes on that bike.

First, the SuperHawk's cooling system is not the best when at a standstill. The raditators (there are 2) are side mounted, with one fan. The system works, but only at speed. Next, the SuperHawk is a Twin. At first this may not seem to make a difference, but there are two big cylinders and not much surface area. Lastly, the aluminum frame does a really good job of absorbing/transfering the heat. Unfortunally, the frame is wide and your legs rest on a good portion of the frame. (see the picture)

The SuperHawk's heat was incredible. When I would get home the frame was untouchable without a glove or pants, and rivaled the heat of the exhuast pipes.

I my view the ST's heat is fine. I used to the think the same about the seat, but I'm starting to find that I might be getting at least a sargent... :p:

I miss the SuperHawk sometimes, but I only need to twist the ST's throttle a little more to forget the SuperHawk.

It seems alot of the "dis-likes" people have about the ST I don't seem to mind ( yet :) ), maybe its from riding a sport bike - pretty fun, but the fun was far and few between. I have as much fun or more, and its more comfortable when fun is far away. :D

Just my point of view,

Tom de

Attachments

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
tdeboeser said:
Summers in the Washington DC metro area are miserable. 100% humidty, mid 80's to mid 90 degree temps. Add to that the traffic in the DC area is always rated in the top 5 worst in the country.
That's just spring weather... don't get me started about Houston traffic... LOL!!! I think alot of this has to do with personal tolerance. My Sabre 1100 would put out some heat... I don't know how some guys could ride it wearing sandals :eek:

OP
OP
tdeboeser

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
It's a great bike. Thing is you can pick up slightly used ones dirt cheap. And they make really nice street fighters... :D

Top Bottom