Heat

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
No need to delete, Joe; not firearms related...

I'm sitting here in the Mouse & Toad Garage, having a ginger ale and tequila (ran out of Monster Energy Zero Ultra...) enjoying the warmth while listening to the Stones. (Yeah, we have Wi-fi and a stereo in the garage...) Twenty-six degrees outside, moving past seventy in here.

Al the Electrician showed up Tuesday to wire up the heater Desmo Steve and I installed last week. Twenty-six thousand BTUs of blessed warmth. Looks like we're set for winter maintenance, without the roaring propane torpedo heater we used last winter.

I may just move out here. (After I turn the heat down a bit...)

Attachments

• Heater (Medium).JPG
    Heater (Medium).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 49
Heated garages always make maintenance work & general tinkering so much more tolerable. It's never much fun bustin' knuckles when they're cold ... warm busted knuckles always feel better.:p:

We have a 2-1/2 car attached garage where the downstairs HVAC & gas water heater are located (upstairs HVAC is in the attic). When we replaced the downstairs gas furnace & AC unit, I purposely remained with an 80%-efficiency unit for two reasons: one, I didn't want extra PCV supply/exhaust pipes of a higher efficiency unit taking up valuable working space, and; two, the gas furnace exhaust flue keeps the garage warm ... usually around 60? to 65? all winter.

Very nice! I want one. Then a garage to put it in. Well, maybe the garage first. No matter...I'll just ride to your house! :D

Glad it's all working well, Roger. Looking forward to checking it out. Did it help you warm up Wednesday, as the only one to ride to lunch? All the rest of us drove out in cages.

Cary

Rodger, can you open your garage door and let some of that heat blow down here to Okc? That north wind from you guys out there is cold!
Do you know if your Triump dealer has the new Trophy yet? Mine her told me I could order one. I didn't tell them what I was thinking. :D

Do you know if your Triump dealer has the new Trophy yet?

I haven't been to the local Triumph dealer in a couple of years. It's a pretty small place, so I'm not sure how much stock they carry. I did see the new Trophy at the Dallas IMS show. It looked pretty slick, might be worth checking in to. (The same goes for the new Yamaha.) There aren't nearly as many Triumph dealers as Honda dealers, but I guess it wouldn't make much difference if you're doing your own maintenance. The chain drive turned me off on the older Triumph sport tourers. I wonder why it took them so long to figure it out?

The same day I tried to look at the new Trophy, I went down the street and saw the new FJR. It's around 5K cheaper and there are dealers around. The one I looked at was a demo. Very nice bike!

Twenty-six thousand BTUs of blessed warmth.
At a COP of ~1... electricity must be really cheap over there ;-)

I wonder why no one goes with a simple air to air split heatpump?
They've a COP of nearly 5 (so 1000W electrical give about 5000W heat) and have the benefit of being a nice a/c during the hot summer days too.

Keith they had 3 new bikes with Trophy in the name last weekend. I think they were all like 850 size, is that the new bike?

Back
Top Bottom