Helmets Helmets for Big Heads

Greetings,

My first post here.

I am the owner of a large thick skulled melon that sits on top of my shoulders. For the last couple years I have been using my HJC 4XL sized helmet.

While it has served me well and holds my Cardo just fine. Unfortunately due to how they construct helmets, the large sizes often only have a DOT approval.
I’m in the early stages of shopping for a new helmet. Looking for a full face helmet, not the biggest fan of the modular helmets. Im former LE so I’ve seen the downsides to modular and open face helmets.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Probably the best way to solve your fitting problem is to go to a big motorcycle accessories store and try on different brands of hats in sizes that are supposed to fit you. Here in Ohio we have a place called Iron Pony - you can visit their website, but they have long aisles devoted to one type of thing - such as oil and oil filters. Their helmet selection is incredible as is their clothing selection. I visited their store in the last year and their inventory was still as I had remembered it pre Covid. Surely California has similar stores. Iron Pony does not discount their merchandise, but their sales help is knowledgeable and in my experience, low pressure to buy - well worth paying the price for their expertise and assistance.

Like you, I have had a difficult time finding a helmet that fit and didn’t hurt. Several HJC, and a Schuberth that almost destroyed my forehead.
I discovered “lidpicker.com” and found a perfect fit for my long / narrow head. They sent me a measuring tape and calipers to get a precise size. I sent in the dimensions, and they gave me a long list of helmet brands and styles with a good, better, PERFECT fit for ME.
I would have never thought to shop for an AGV brand Italian helmet, but the one I bought fits better than anything before.
The measurement kit and results cost $25, but you can get that off of your purchase if you buy from them. Good luck! (YMMV)

Top Bottom