Help needed with psi in new Z6s

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
This is like talking about oil and tires. Air pressure is subjective and people have lots of different opinions. I run what the tire manufacturer recommends. Road conditions, weather, etc. may cause you to change your pressure but overall the tire manufacturer is where I start from and usually stay with.

Curt

number9

Anytime you ask about "what tire to run" and/or "what pressures to run at" you should also include "what is your riding style" with the questions. Tire info from a guy who rides the flat and straight may be different that the guy who casually rides backroads with his wife on board and also different than a guy who rides solo and likes to drag the pegs.

Bike
FJR 1300A
STOC #
I was told to have tire pressure a few pounds less than max load rating,I ran 36-front42-rear and got cupping in front,I now run 42 front & rear,The pressure recomended in manual is for OEM tires.

Just wanted to say thanks for the enlightenment on this! I'm pretty much a newbie. Put in a good 6 hours today though on some scenic Texas hillcountry! I don't need tires right away, but I did want to know "What are the best tires" for reasons you say. That's the ONLY thing that separates our pink bodies from the road, and I want the best. I still have the originals on mine and they are OK, but I want to know what has the best grip and feel combination. Sounds like Metz Z6's. THANKS!:bow1:
:04biker:

OP
OP
STOnkin'aussie
Just wanted to say thanks for the enlightenment on this! I'm pretty much a newbie. Put in a good 6 hours today though on some scenic Texas hillcountry! I don't need tires right away, but I did want to know "What are the best tires" for reasons you say. That's the ONLY thing that separates our pink bodies from the road, and I want the best. I still have the originals on mine and they are OK, but I want to know what has the best grip and feel combination. Sounds like Metz Z6's. THANKS!:bow1:
:04biker:
Kyle

i honestly think that both the (F version) Bridgestone 020's and the Metzelers are both excellent tyres (oops sorry in your country it is tires!) i only have arounf 1,000 miles on the Z6s and am impressed with them but still have not really pushed them as much as I pushed the Battleaxes.

Top Bottom