Identifying this shield

Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
I need help identifying this shield.
It has a zillion little tiny (what look to be) fractures running all through it and a few up top where an attachable shield was placed. I think it's a Rifle, but there are NO markings on it anywhere. It measures 20" top to bottom and is slightly tinted.
I'm curious what a 22" shield would be like, but I'm afraid it might be too close to my sightline and I'm one of those see over it guys! I'm thinking 2" taller with the slope would increase the height 1.5 inches (actual height). Would that be a good guess?
Anyway, I'm thinking a tinted Rifle at 20" unless somebody has any other welcome suggestions! Thanks!

Shield1.jpgShield2.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
The Calsci website tell you to put the bike on the sidestand on level ground. Put a marker on the ground 40' i front of the bike, and tape a ruler/yardstick to your existing windshield with the yardstick centered and a whole number even with the top of the plastic. Now get on the bike, assume your normal riding position and look at the marker. Note the number in your line of sight. (I had my wife mover her finger up and down the yardstick - that was easier for me.)

This will tell you where your line of sight is in relation to the top of your existing windshield.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
It's a Rifle. I had one and I didn't like the arm buffeting it allowed. Much better choice is a Clearview and you can easily cut one down yourself, if it is above your sightline, but try to order as close to what you measure and you will be fine.

To cut one down, mark a line across the shield at the desired height (fine marker pen works), apply masking tape along both sides of line on the front side and use a fine toothed coping saw to cut the shield. Remove the tape and use a fine file to smooth the edge carefully. Easy.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Looks very much like one I got in a bunch of misc spares from an ex ST1100 owner. Mine is 20" and dark tinted with no manufacturer's info...it polished up to near new with just a little effort.. I'm a bit over 5'10" and it blows air over the top of my helmet, making for a very quiet ride. The visual transition over the top of the screen is a bit bothersome at first, but I got used to it.
During the hot months I put the stock windscreen back on.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I had a 22 in. Rifle. Made me pay attention to my posture to look over it. Liked it, and liked the air on my arms compared to a Clearview.

Top Bottom