Igofar Reviews

kscssmith

Ken Smith
Bike
'09 St1300
I met Larry last year on a RTE when he took my bike hostage and bled my breaks and clutch. I very pleased with Larry's knowledge and level of care for bike and me.
So a few weeks ago I called Larry and asked his advice on how to change the fork seals. Larry told me what parts to order and invited me come to his house and he would repair them for a really good price. I live near Yosemite, so its a 3 hour drive for me to get to Larry's place. Due to my lack of confidence in local shops I decided to take the drive.

I showed up a Larry's place at 9am on a Sunday and Larry informed me "Now that I have your bike..." and preceded to list off many more projects he wanted to do . I said, well I didn't plan on extra charges. Larry told me that this was already in the original estimate.
So I not only got my fork seals done, but I got my throttles timed, my coolant flushed, thermostat changed, hose clamps changed, mystery plug sealed, oil changed, gear oil changed, axles greased, clutch and breaks bled, windshield tracks cleaned and greased, throttle cables lubed, and washed and waxed every inch. (Please forgive me Larry if I forgot anything) no my bike handles better, responds instantly, stops on a dime, (and gives change) and now I don't have as much heat coming up from under tank and seat.

So all in all, if anyone is in the market for a fantastic mechanic that has does above and beyond level of workmanship please look up Igofar.
Thank you Larry for all you did for me and my bike. I am very happy with all of it. It was worth the drive both times.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I met Larry last year on a RTE when he took my bike hostage and bled my breaks and clutch. I very pleased with Larry's knowledge and level of care for bike and me.
So a few weeks ago I called Larry and asked his advice on how to change the fork seals. Larry told me what parts to order and invited me come to his house and he would repair them for a really good price. I live near Yosemite, so its a 3 hour drive for me to get to Larry's place. Due to my lack of confidence in local shops I decided to take the drive.

I showed up a Larry's place at 9am on a Sunday and Larry informed me "Now that I have your bike..." and preceded to list off many more projects he wanted to do . I said, well I didn't plan on extra charges. Larry told me that this was already in the original estimate.
So I not only got my fork seals done, but I got my throttles timed, my coolant flushed, thermostat changed, hose clamps changed, mystery plug sealed, oil changed, gear oil changed, axles greased, clutch and breaks bled, windshield tracks cleaned and greased, throttle cables lubed, and washed and waxed every inch. (Please forgive me Larry if I forgot anything) no my bike handles better, responds instantly, stops on a dime, (and gives change) and now I don't have as much heat coming up from under tank and seat.

So all in all, if anyone is in the market for a fantastic mechanic that has does above and beyond level of workmanship please look up Igofar.
Thank you Larry for all you did for me and my bike. I am very happy with all of it. It was worth the drive both times.

You forgot that I removed and detail stripped all your brake calipers, removed the rear wheel and tore your rear hub apart and cleaned out the dampeners, checked all your wheel & driven bearings, checked your splines and put moly paste on them, cleaned the boot scuffs off your mufflers, lubricated your shifter linkage, serviced your preload adjuster and set your damping, lubricated all your locks and latches, tightened the hinges in your saddlebags, replaced lost or damaged grommets and clips/pins, Replaced your air filter, did your timing chain adjustment, polished the fork tubes, greased your SMC pivot bearings, trimmed your engine head covers, replaced your sparkplugs, lubed and cleaned your clutch and brake lever pivot points, cleaned your coolant overflow tank, removed yellow road paint off the bodywork, then took it for a test ride and blew through that photo radar trap! But who's keeping track :rofl1:
Thanks for having enough faith in me to come all this way and allow me to help you dial your bike in for you.
It was my pleasure.
Oh, and the wife loved the cookies!
Larry

Last edited:
OP
OP
kscssmith

kscssmith

Ken Smith
Bike
'09 St1300
See... I knew I'd forget something. Thanks again Larry for all your hard work. And the great ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kscssmith

kscssmith

Ken Smith
Bike
'09 St1300
Well then I have to ask, what reduced the heat? Was it a lower temp thermostat or coolant change?
Ron
I think it was the throttle timing. Everything running as it should not too lean or too rich. But that's just my opinion.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Well then I have to ask, what reduced the heat? Was it a lower temp thermostat or coolant change?
Ron
Our Yosemite friend was getting alot of heat on his legs and went so far as to "shield" the entire underside of his fuel tank and seat area with alluminum insulation.
After fiddling around a little, I took temp readings with my temp gun (reptile type) and found he had created an oven with no place for the heat to move. I removed the foil and let it idle another 20 minutes and took another reading, a little bit lower but not much, I then drained the oil and put in my favorite HDEO and let it idle some more. We also did the throttle body sync. The heat lowered quite a bit. Was it the oil? Was it removing the foil? Was it the TB Sync? All I know is a combination of the work solved the heat issues for my friend. We did a 120 mile test ride, up the mountain, on the freeway, idling along the beach "looking at the ocean"...honest honey...and then over the pass on the way home. The tank never got warm again.
And like forrest gump said..."that's all I'm saying about that" LOL.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
You know, you just can't trust Larry to do "just one thing" to your bike! Once it's in his clutches, it's all over!

That's right, you're going to find parts here and there until he gets them all. There is just no stopping him! :eek:4:

Another job well done Larry! :D

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
That's all good. I don't have a heat problem, but I was curious. I am starting to get the urge to do some maintenance for spring. I had to do some work last week on my car.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Art you don't have to move. Just plan a long road trip. I have a room for you to use. Larry can take care of everything else.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
He's jprobably still looking for someone to give that last MP tool to. LOL

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Wow, just wow. Larry is lucky he doesn't live only 3 hours from me...if you get my drift.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I am not surprised at all by this. Larry and I chatted on the phone a few weeks ago about some upcoming maintenance I was planning. Never having been into my bike as deep as I was planning, Larry gave me a ton of advice on things to check and ways to accomplish it. I'm happy to say all the work is done and I didn't even have any leftover parts. Thanks again Larry!!

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Way to go Larry!

Is there a calendar to book appointments? I'll be in the area about first week of November...

Top Bottom