Itchy Boots

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I wear a Buff all the time. Helps keep earplugs in place when putting on a helmet and absorbs quite a bit of sweat on hot days. Soaked with water before putting it on helps with cooling on hot days as well. They also keep your jacket collar from rubbing your neck.
Very handy item. YMMV

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I'll try to get one or two to support Noraly. If not then Buff it is. I stlll have my Apple Warmer but it's a little to small for my helmets. It was a little inconvenient to use but on occasion it was just what was needed.
What's an Apple Warmer?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
What's an Apple Warmer?
It was a neck gaiter made by Lockhart IIRC who also made oil coolers for motorcycles and other vehicles (whatever they are). It attached via hook n loop to the bottom of the helmet and dropped down to the shoulders.

It was effective but a little cumbersome to use as you had to slide it over your head with your helmet or put it on first and try to attach it once the helmet was on. Occasionally movement would pull it off the helmet. It couldn't be stuffed inside a jacket or it'd be ripped off when turning your head. So it did leak some air but that helped reduce the CO2 build up when the visor was down. :rofl1: (My Bell Star wasn't vented.) So the BUFF idea is really much better.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
They also keep your jacket collar from rubbing your neck.
Ok that's the tipping point. None of my moto-jackets keep my neck (especially the back of the neck) warm but they do scratch. So I will get a couple.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
It was a neck gaiter made by Lockhart IIRC who also made oil coolers for motorcycles and other vehicles (whatever they are). It attached via hook n loop to the bottom of the helmet and dropped down to the shoulders.

It was effective but a little cumbersome to use as you had to slide it over your head with your helmet or put it on first and try to attach it once the helmet was on. Occasionally movement would pull it off the helmet. It couldn't be stuffed inside a jacket or it'd be ripped off when turning your head. So it did leak some air but that helped reduce the CO2 build up when the visor was down. :rofl1: (My Bell Star wasn't vented.) So the BUFF idea is really much better.
Thanks. After Googling with the Lockhart name, I found this...
1587319564148.png

It looks very familiar to me, just didn't recognize the Apple designation. I "think" I had one back in the late 80's, early 90s when I lived in the NJ/PA area. Was riding an '84 Ninja 900 back then.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
After Googling with the Lockhart name, I found this...
Wow. I googed for a long time with lots of key words and couldn't find a pic. That's the guy alright. I recently tried to fit it to a helmet but the helmet opening was just a tad too big. Still it was the cat's meow at the time.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Ok that's the tipping point. None of my moto-jackets keep my neck (especially the back of the neck) warm but they do scratch. So I will get a couple.
Amazon is your friend

If you really want to treat yourself, get a merino wool one. Just as cool in the summer as poly, warmer in winter, and dries quickly and does not get stinky!!!

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
She just said "very soon" on the live chat. She was still working on packaging and label printing, pricing etc. She also said when they are available she will announce it via the news letter that you can subscribe to on her web site. Hopefully it won't be too long. I hope she ordered a bunch, I got a feeling she's going to run out!

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
From Facebook earlier today:

"Next week I’m launching the limited edition Itchy Boots Buffs
Make sure to subscribe to the newsletter on www.itchyboots.com to be the first to know when they are available! "
Limited Edition.... sounds like you better be quick if you want to buy one or two!

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Well the user unfriendliness of her website, at least for me, continues. I'm subscribed to something (I guess it would be the 'blog'). See no mention anywhere about a 'newsletter'.
Also, this 'redbubble.com.' thing gets me nowhere for what she is selling.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I'm thinking . . .
Go to her website: https://www.itchyboots.com
At the very top - there's a line of choices and the 2nd from the RIGHT is "SHOP." Pick it.
The next page shows that her calendar for 2020 is Sold Out.
I'm guessing that when other items are available they'll show up on that page regardless if you're subscribed or not.
Time will tell,
Shuey

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Good morning internet.
Noraly has just dropped a new video.
You'll find her memorable moments of her journey to date.
Very enjoyable.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Loved the new one. She could have made it into an eight parter. I’m sure she’s got footage for other “themes” though.

If you haven’t seen all her vlogs, now is the time to view them, or view them again, at your leisure. Be sure to subscribe, and click the “thumbs up” button. And IIRC, don’t skip all the ads as I think that helps with her YouTube stipend.

John

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
And IIRC, don’t skip all the ads as I think that helps with her YouTube stipend.
I believe that's you're correct. The ads on her site are the only ones I don't skip. And my guess is there will be a second edition of buffs. I'm hoping for a first edition and that it will hold my N95 in place without needing the bands or maybe just one.

Top Bottom