J&M vs. Baehr comm system

Bike
1997 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Looking for a good rider to pillion and bike-to-bike comm system. Not interested in Chatterbox -- haven't heard good things about them. The Baehr systems sound wonderful - at a price. J&M's are slightly cheaper. Anybody have experience with either?

Thanks,
Doug

I've used Chatterbox and Autocom (what I am using now). I will say you get what you pay for. The Autocom Pro 7 Sport (http://www.autocomamerica.com) is a great unit for everything you are looking for.

Sorry, but I've never used the other two you mention, so nothing to compare against.

Dave...

STOC #
I've nothing but praise for these awesome units :bow1: ..... excellent customer service and unbeatable warranty. Plus....we get an easy 2 mile range.... go here: http://www.collett.mb.ca/

I have countless hours of bike to bike experience, as well as the passenger intercomm unit for the better half, and not a single complaint with these.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
niknine said:
Search this forum for "MIT-100" and visit http://www.imc-electronics.com/intercom.html "crazykz" has a few post related to this product.

Nick
I'll plug this also and say I am very happy with not only all the cables/adaptors you can in the kit (plus 4 headsets) but the performance of the unit is great IMHO also.

Now I'm sure Autocom and Baehr are probably better but not $400+ dollars better. The reason I say $400+ is because if you bought everything from baehr or autocom that IMC gives you in their kit it would be 3 times the price.

Now is it 100% indestructible equipment? No but since everything uses standard connectors and plugs you could replace or repair any of it easily and/or cheaply. Headsets are standard ohms vs. autocom which I think it 32ohms. Plugs are standard PS2 connectors, 2.5mm (cellphone), and 3.5mm (audio)connectors. They also have up to 3 adaptors for CB/FRS/GMRS radios (audiovox, midland, or cobra). I even found some audiovox radios on geeks.com for $20 and they have the full feature set. For $20 I'll try them and post my results. If I don't like it then I'll move on.

Audiovox GMRS122-2 Two-Way Radios
Vendor: Geeks.com

Manufacturer: Audiovox

Supposedly this is an OEM lower line from the Baehr line but I can't prove that. They are just getting started so their tech support is not really that great but they are responsive and do care about your opinion. I'm hoping they get better in the next couple years because for a slap-in-and-go system I think it's pretty damn good.

Curt

STOC #
J&M

I installed the J&M simply because it was.... simple. Not cheap, works ok. I didn't really care about FRS, all I really wanted was the intercom, cb and music. Has anyone found the mc solution to hifi listening? Ear buds I guess. Won't work with J&M. No cell phone either. Only one aux input. Unless you wanted to spend another $300+ for their add on.

Baehr and autocom are superb units, not systems. You still need to buy all the "options" you want. And I didn't want my cockpit to resemble a 747's.

I guess if I had to do it over, I'd look at the "modular" systems, since the feedback on sound quality is better.

Life's a compromise. Bad news for gear heads. :04biker:

Top Bottom