Kidney Stones

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Passed one a few years back..............worst pain Ive ever felt. Doubled up in the fetal position on the floor on and off for several hours. Used to come in waves. Hot hot shower seemed to help. Anyway, had an IVP done shortly after and the Doc tells me theres 4 more in there. Great! :(
Every once in a while I feel a twinge but so far so good. Wife has had them too....she drinks cranberry juice every morning and hasnt had a problem in 10 years.

Good Luck!

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
had 1 tried for two weeks too pass didnt budge had too have surgery to remove it. felt like i had a knife stuck in my back and every 30 min. someone would come twistthe knife for good measure.

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I had one about 11 years ago. It looked like a goat head sticker on the xray. Doc said he would have to blast to get it moving. Lots of fun... I highly recommend it.:rolleyes:

RCS

I've had kidney stones 3 times. Once when I was 30 years old, once at 40, and once at 50. I passed the first one but required a double dose of morphine. I passed the second one at home. It was the third one - 6 mm in size - that required a double dose of morphine, an operation for a stent, and a trip to the lithotripsy machine to get it crushed through vibration. The last event was the most expensive out of pocket event due to the operation and lithotripsy.

After the third one I read the book from Dr. John Rodman - my initial kidney stone doctor - called "No More Kidney Stones". Based on the books recommendations, I changed my diet to exclude food with high content of Oxylates such as nuts, chocolate, broccoli, etc. I have also stopped drinking soda which creates an acidic environment in my body. (I had my stone analyzed after the first event. It was made up of calcium Oxylate. That composition is in about 80% of all kidney stones).

I had kidney stones many years ago.

What broke the stones and kept me from have it again was pineapple skin tea.

Get a pineapple cut the skin off and put the skin to dry on the sun over aluminum foil.

Make a tea with the skin and keep drinking the tea just like you would drink water.

Yes, you also can eat the pineapple

Top Bottom