Laminar lip on Stock or buy the combo for St1100

Bike
ST1100A 2000
STOC #
I have the stock whindsheild with the cats eyes. What is more effective?
1. Just adding the lip?
2. Replacing windsheild with the Lip Combo?

Thoughts? Thx.

I didn't have the option at the time, so I bought the lip combo. Later I picked up a Clearview and put a LLip on it. Im back to the Laminar Lip Combo. It's quieter, but there is a bit of wind on my shoulders that the Clearview took care of. I prefer the quiet. But remember, a Laminar Lip for one windshield isn't necessarily compatible with another. Check to see if you buy a lip for your stock shield, will it work on another windshield?

If money is an issue, which for me it always is, you can easily make your own. There are several threads on here about different ways to do it. HERE is mine. tmoney is coming over this weekend so we can get one on his bike before moonshine.

I spent a day riding 2 ST1100s with the BIL; we had a stock shield with cat-eyes and a laminar lip combo.
I put velcro on the stock shield and we traded the lip back and forth (and switched bikes too) for an entire day of riding.
Our final 'take' was the combo had a better 'feel' than the lip on the stock screen.

I have the Lip (made for the OEM windshield) on my '02 & I have been pleased withthe performance. It is a definite improvement over stock shield alone, but I haven't used the combo......might be worth the extra money.

John

Thx all. Just ordered the lip. love the smoke look, but need to get the first part. It's gotta help. Need it for a long (sorta) ride next week. Again Thx!

Back
Top Bottom