Max Mileage Metzler z6 road tech

jimlwright

Jim04ST
Hi,

What is the maximum mileage that you have put on before having to switch to new tires when you have been running Metzler z6 road tech front and rear? I would be interested in hearing your experience.

I have a set that now has 10,000 miles (16,000 km) and would like to hear how you have faired. I know that the mileage is dependent on driving style and the rider but it would help me to plan out when I need to change the tires. Of course I will judge by tire depth wear as well but I think your information will also be of some assistance.

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences.

Regards

Jim

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
I had the z6's on my previous bike, VFR, got 11500 out of them, really nice tire for that bike. just be careful they will look fine one day, the next day you will look at them and cords will be showing...

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hi,

What is the maximum mileage that you have put on before having to switch to new tires when you have been running Metzler z6 road tech front and rear? I would be interested in hearing your experience.

I have a set that now has 10,000 miles (16,000 km) and would like to hear how you have faired. I know that the mileage is dependent on driving style and the rider but it would help me to plan out when I need to change the tires. Of course I will judge by tire depth wear as well but I think your information will also be of some assistance.

Looking forward to hearing some of your experiences.

Regards

Jim
I'd say you got your touring money's worth. I ran two sets back to back and got around 6 to 6.5K.

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #

BigD

Road Scholar
Last set, 7,500 before showing the cords on the rear tire... 250 miles from home.
just be careful they will look fine one day, the next day you will look at them and cords will be showing...
+1

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
I've run the Z6's last 40k miles, and consitently go over 11k, the current Road techs went to California last year, (7k mile tour) and made the fall tour (another 2k) in between tours I rode locally several days a week. The rear tire is showing cords right now at over 12k miles, and not been riding the bike much, waiting to the last minute to put new tires on before leaving for California in June.

I like the Z6's, they lean well, sick in the wet, and less noise then the Bridgestones.

I don't know why I get such good mileage. Perhaps because I'm light in the saddle, running the stock screen, and no top box. Also smooth, seamless shifting is a plus.

RTETR

Craig Clark
I put my Z6's on at just over 22000kms and now have 43000kms on the bike. I expect only another 1000 or 2000 kms tops and have started checking prices on new tires. Front is low but no cupping, back is low, minimal cupping and flat in the center as one would expect.

Great tires though...

I run at 42psi always and 95% is hwy not city... 80% is one up as my wife has her own bike.

STOC #
I have gotten over 10K and under 6K (through the cord)
10K normal highway/smooth 2 lane.
Under 6K - lot's of playing with lot's of wieght on the bike.
The only thing I do not like about them is they do not like tar-snakes.

Top Bottom