MCL seat risers

Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Several years ago I purchased a used set of MCL seat risers from this forum. I'm just getting around to installing them, but not too sure how. I've searched the forum, but can't find installation instructions. Help!

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Once the unit is removed from the bike (four mounting bolts plus rear tank bolt), the unit dissembles fairly easy. If there is not a right and left stamped on the MCL’s, note the direction of the two oem pieces being replaced. Some pre pics may help but you will find that everything slides apart once disassembly begins. If you decide you do not like them, let me know.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I might have the instructions at home.. but doubtful if I can find 'em.

Pop seat, remove the through bolt that holds the tail end of the gas tank. 5 10mm bolts hold the bracket between the rails. Pull out and replace the vertical nylon pieces with the aluminum brackets. I think there was two pins going side to side, one held on with clips.

Reverse for re-assembly.

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
I might have the instructions at home.. but doubtful if I can find 'em.

Pop seat, remove the through bolt that holds the tail end of the gas tank. 5 10mm bolts hold the bracket between the rails. Pull out and replace the vertical nylon pieces with the aluminum brackets. I think there was two pins going side to side, one held on with clips.

Reverse for re-assembly.
Ahh, you're right, forgot about the fifth bolt. Holds the rear master bracket or?

Last edited:
Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Thanks Andrew. Very interesting indeed - I hadn’t previously seen these, but I had already discovered the trick of installing the seat on the middle position at the front and one of the lower positions at the rear - to reduce the “sliding forward” tendency.

That’s a good thing given the flame-out at MCL over the last year or so.

Top Bottom