OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
^^Thats interesting. I had to stretch the cover a little to get it to fit and the only issue I had was locking in the back of the seat...
Nah, I don't have any clearance between seat and the false tank, not at the forward portions of the side-covers...
hence I couldn't get the seat forward enough to
a) have the "mushroom" at the tank-neck lock into the notch on the seat-pan
b) slide the wire loom into the seat-lock...
Further are the velcro bands (and the one rubber band) getting entangled where the seat pan is guided/held/sitting on frame tubes and tank...

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Nah, I don't have any clearance between seat and the false tank, not at the forward portions of the side-covers...
hence I couldn't get the seat forward enough to
a) have the "mushroom" at the tank-neck lock into the notch on the seat-pan
b) slide the wire loom into the seat-lock...
Further are the velcro bands (and the one rubber band) getting entangled where the seat pan is guided/held/sitting on frame tubes and tank...
I used wire ties instead of the factory straps so I could tie the cover in areas where the factory straps interfered with the seat or frame.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
FWIW, but the mesh seems to work...
Rode in ~10°C yesterday and my GF complained about some "cool draft" on her bottom... ;)

Bike
06 st 1300
Looks like a Sit'n Fly to me but better presented on the website.

FYI I had excellent results from a Sit'nFly and have tried them on two bikes. The trick was (is?) to get the correct size and actually install it on your seat.

Harry
Looks like a Sit'n Fly to me but better presented on the website.

FYI I had excellent results from a Sit'nFly and have tried them on two bikes. The trick was (is?) to get the correct size and actually install it on your seat.

Harry
Hey Harry.....I have an AIR FLOW that I put on my 06 ST. 1300, same idea. Worked great....if you like all that hot air coming from the motor and going under your butt ! I couldn't believe how much hot air goes around you. Yes, it would probably keep you dryer, but very uncomfortable. I don't notice it without it. So I tried it on my Moto Guzzi Norge and it is fine ?? Go figure .

Top Bottom