Michelin Pilot Roads are available - FREE SET?

I'm on my second set. No complaints, though I think I like the quicker steering of the Avons better. It should be noted that the funny front 120/70 x 18 size will also fit '96 and later ST1100s equipped with ABS.

This is an old, old, thread... Bones, CrazyKz, and somebody else :confused: have already written the evaluations for them ;)

Curt's review

Bones's review

One followup on my review. Since I wrote it I replaced my OEM shield with a Clearview. The improved air flow makes the rider air pocket quieter, which in turn makes the hum of the tires more pronounced. It's not an issue with ear plugs (I almost always use plugs when riding), but if there was one thing I would change about PRs it would be to teach them the words so they don't have to hum.

I put Pilot's on my FJR after the factory Metz's wore out. Stickability and wear was good but they were noticeably slow in flicking the bike from side to side. A big drop in sport "feel". Can't say how they will affect the ST..still too new an owner of the ST to have changed tyres! :)

I put Pilot's on my FJR after the factory Metz's wore out. Stickability and wear was good but they were noticeably slow in flicking the bike from side to side. A big drop in sport "feel". Can't say how they will affect the ST..still too new an owner of the ST to have changed tyres! :)

I think you are probably talking to the result of the rounder shape of the front tire which although it creates a more linear feel in turner it also by the same token lessens the ability to turn sharper and quicker. The BT020's have a better feel that you might like more.

I preferred the longevity and stableness that the PR's created for me.

Curt

I agree with the Waffle King. PRs turn in with a steady, linear feel. The BT020s tend to fall in more abruptly.

I'm curious about the new BT021s and the Conti Attacks for the ST1300.

Back
Top Bottom