Morris Kreumcke

lddave

been there
STOC #
My friend Morris who got me interested in Long Distance riding passed away Monday.
He was an mechanical engineer but he thought way outside of the box.
His project bike was so far ahead of its time.
Early 80's Gold wing that had a carbon fiber fairing getting high 70 mpg at 80 mpg.
He had a vision of what could be not what is suppose to be.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sounds like someone that didn't waste any of the life he got, we could all learn from that.

Condolences to the family and friends. Godspeed Morris.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Sad day indeed :(

I remember meeting him and seeing his Wing when you introduced me at your 2006 December BBQ event in Luling. It was a total joy and pleasure on my part meeting the man and machine(different Wing).

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sad day indeed :(

I remember meeting him and seeing his Wing when you introduced me at your 2006 December BBQ event in Luling. It was a total joy and pleasure on my part meeting the man and machine(different Wing).
I remember him.. I met him at that BBQ as well, very nice guy.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
My friend Morris who got me interested in Long Distance riding passed away Monday.
I was aquainted with Morris through the Retreads here in Houston. He was quite a unique character. God threw away the mold after he was made!

The Goldwings I saw him on could almost be described as rat bikes because of the extensive long distance mods he had. It really shocked me the first time I saw his bike and how he had no problem cutting off a bit of fairing to be able to mount some farkle.

We used to kid about the need to ride ahead of Morris rather than behind because of the pee tube that ran to the bottom of the bike which allowed him to stay in the saddle longer. Wouldn't have wanted to be too close behind him at the wrong moment! :)

RIP Morris.:(

Last edited:

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Sorry to hear of his passing, Dave.

For those that never heard of him, Morris was a legend in LD riding circles.

He once rode his Gold Wing, with 35 gallons of fuel aboard, from the Canadian to the Mexican border without putting his feet down. Obviously, the pee tube came in handy on that run.

That's some serious riding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lddave

lddave

been there
STOC #
Sorry to hear of his passing, Dave.

Morris was a legend in LD riding circles.

He once rode his Gold Wing, with 35 gallons of fuel aboard, from the Canadian to the Mexican border without putting his feet down. Obviously, the pee tube came in handy on that run.

That's some serious riding.
I have 2 of the fuel tanks he used when he rigged the 1500 wing for 35 gallons in my garage.

Top Bottom