MotoHorn Dual Track ST1300 install

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Installed the MotoHorn Dual Track and thought I'd share. I tried putting one horn where the OEM horn is, but it's too tight of a fit, fairing wouldn't go back on. So I found space on the other side in the same space where the brace that holds the OEM horn would be if it existed on the left side. I was able to attach one to the "front fairing" in the space between it and the locking pocket, and the other to one of the springy mirror capture brackets. I had to bend the MotoHorn bracket several times until the fairing would go back on, but it fit just fine once I got it bent enough. I left the OEM horn attached and just split the wiring over to the other side of the bike. It honks full blast running, but is weak sauce if not running :p Sounds great and sure garners attention! They've stayed there over 1k miles so far also! Click the thumbnails for larger pics :)

MHDT Front Fairing.jpg

MHDT Front Fairing 2.jpg

MHDT Side Fairing.jpg

MHD Side Fairing2.jpg

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Running 2 horns off the OEM harness might blow a fuse depending on how much current they draw. I know when I did the dual FIAMMS I had to install a relay activated by the OEM horn wiring.

OP
OP
Josh_ST

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Running 2 horns off the OEM harness might blow a fuse depending on how much current they draw. I know when I did the dual FIAMMS I had to install a relay activated by the OEM horn wiring.
Well, I had a semi turn/pull out in front of me, and looked out his drivers side window (Yeah idiot, you ALMOST KILLED ME) while I blared the horn for a solid 10 seconds and the fuse didn't blow :p He was kind enough to flip me off and keep going. And I was even being a good law abiding citizen only going 45 through the burg. Usually there's a cop on the edge of town watching for speeders, but of course not today so I could have him give that JA a ticket! At least I was on my way home from the BRS-2 class, and was freshly practiced up on swerve/braking skills... That was the 2nd consecutive Saturday a semi pulled out in front of me like that! And I have a Hi-Viz brain bucket that sticks out like a sore thumb! (As seen on my seat in my profile pic)

Sorry, /rant off

Top Bottom