Motorcycle icon for Garmin

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Anybody know where I can get motorcycle icon files for my Garmin?

Maybe that's not the right word? The little car or arrow that moves.

The would probably be the equivalent of a cursor with a motorcycle icon. In looking at zumos and TomToms I don't remember who has them as an option. Can you access the Garmin OS to add an icon?

Just checked on the Garmin site and found this buried in the Support Center:

"When attempting to change the vehicle icon on an automotive device for the first time you may receive the following prompt: Go to www.garmin.com/garage to download additional vehicles.
This website no longer exists, and it is no longer possible to add additional vehicle icons to an automotive device. However, automotive devices come pre-loaded with a variety of vehicle icons out of the box. Instructions for adjusting the settings to a different pre-loaded icon can be found in the manual for your device."

Bummer. This is for the 595LM and I assume the 396.

Well this makes me sad. I came here to recommend my favorite place to find icons. It turns out it is now shutdown! Was over 500 vehicles, all lost. Good thing is I saved a few. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send what I have.

You could always Google "Garmin vehicles srf" and get loads of results. I just don't know which places are trustworthy anymore.

There are quite a few custom icons and icon makers out there. I have an OK collection and they work on most any Garmin out there. (Automotive Garmins, particularly the Nuvi series From the old 200 series through the 75XX series are SUPER customizable. ) DM me your email address and you may find some .srf icons to load into your "vehicles" folder

Back
Top Bottom