Motorcycle Larry ST1300 seat raising brackets

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Has anyone tried these ML seat raising brackets (item 6023 ST-1300R)? I need to flatten out my riding position by raising the front of the stock seat.

But my concern is that, by raising the seat 2", it will no longer contour to the tank the way it's supposed to, and that won't look right. I'm on the verge of ordering, and I'd like to hear from someone.

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300
I'd also like to hear the reviews on these...by jamming the seat in pretty hard, and lowering the back just a hair, I have gotten it a lot more level, but I still slip forward over time. I figured I'd talk to Spencer about it when I get my seat "Spencerized" later this year (or in January) and see if he could level it out a bit. My concerns were just the same- will it leave a space between the tank and seat?

Great product, flattens out seat as noted before. I have a Corbin seat and it makes it more of a saddle seat with the raisers (making it flat). Don't slide forward, you seat more on your cheek butt bones. Just have to be careful, for me it means tip toe, not flat footing bike at stops. I'm 5' 11", pant inseam 32"ish. Makes it much better on knees, as you are stretched out a little more - comfort.

Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
I love my MCL seat riser. I have it set on the middle level because on the highest level, the ears of the seat will not lock in and it looks bad. I would like it to be a touch taller and I didn't take an official measurement but even on the middle level I figured it is about 2" taller than the stock riser on the tallest level.

Attachments

I need info on the riser. I must stop the sliding forward on my corbin seat.

Bike
2015 Versys 1k
Does anyone else use these???? The MCL site states that they are for stock seats only. But it looks like Wintston uses them with a Corbin seat and V65infl uses a Sergeant seat. I was just wondering what others have done. Did you need to MOD the risers or seat to get them to work??? Do they allow your legs to straighten out? I'm looking for less knee bend. (I tried MCL peg lowers and they felt good, but as soon as i scraped a peg turning on my street they came off.) Any info would be helpful,and pics would be nice. if you have a set and want to get rid of them let me know.
http://www.MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=9

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I have a chunk of aluminum at home I wasthinking of making my own. Gonna try something shorter then 2", it just seems a bit much.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I use them with my Sargent seat. I recently got the bike and didn't know any better, they just seemed like a good thing to do. I was trying to get a position a little more leaning forward. I use them on the middle position. Like was said above, the front of the seat will not lock in. The risers do seem to interfere with lifting the tank fully a bit. I like them, however.

Bike
2015 Versys 1k
Come on folks. I can't believe that with all the seat issues, that more members haven't tried these MCL seat risers and have an opinion. Heck MCL must sell them to some body LOL :banghead:

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I just installed a set of these. So far great but then again I only rode about 30 mins after install

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366039700.314394.jpg

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Wow, you folks must be tall.
LOL !!! No, I had to adjust that down to 2nd level for the seat to level out. There is now a bit of a gap in the front of the seat but it did level things out a lot. I wasn't sliding forward anymore. I didn't ride today (yet) but might get a ride in once I get home today from work.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A
update: I have been able to ride the bike for the last 2 days - about 60 miles and so far - I am liking the change. The seat is more level, my AirHawk2 is working fine (just ordered Airhawk R), I felt like I could put some good mileage on and not worry too much about hot spots. I guess I really won't be able to tell until I do a full day (3/400 miles) and let you know how it feels at the end of the day.

However, from my last rally ride (BigTex Rally 2012) - my ride back home was horrible (Dallas to Memphis) over the last 3 hrs...not sure why. I don't feel like I will have that sliding forward feel now.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Okay, I am reserecting this thread. I am interested in these also, can't stand sliding forward and I am 6'2" so if this also helps with the knees I'm all for it.
But, I would like to hear from those who have them and what the pros/cons are. anyone have a set sitting around they arn't using?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I recently got a set from the good DR1954 after he sold his ST and became bavarian.

Too tall... IMHO

I'm thinking of taking them down a notch too maybe maybe 1".

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
Okay, I am reserecting this thread. I am interested in these also, can't stand sliding forward and I am 6'2" so if this also helps with the knees I'm all for it.
But, I would like to hear from those who have them and what the pros/cons are. anyone have a set sitting around they arn't using?
Just did a review on these. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?133590-Review-of-MCL-seat-riser-brackets I had to take them off because of my 29" inseam was a little to short for them wth the russel seat on, otherwise very comfortable.

For those that are asking I sold these risers to another forum member that is going to try them out.

Last edited:
Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
I made my own out of starboard and the are an inch taller than Larry's. I have a 29" inseam and can barely tiptoe but I am used to dirt bikes so it doesn't bother me. The seat doesn't look right either but I don't care. I don't need peg lowering brackets now. I've done multiple 1200 mile days in a row on this setup. I still want a Russll but for an hour with a jigsaw it's a pretty good mod. YM will vary

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
I just found this thread. I made 3 different heights out of wood. The one that worked for me was about a 2" rise over stock. I use a Bagster Tank Cover with a bit of padding between it and the tank to close the gap to the seat. I am 6'3" with a 35" inseam and it works perfectly, 700 mile days are comfy saddle wise.

Top Bottom