Motorcycle Rehab

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
My rehab and recovery is moving along with plenty of visits to physiotherapy and my chiropractor.

Yesterday I went for the first massage since the collision. Can comfortably lay on my front so felt it was time.

He mainly worked on my right thigh with some work on the hip joint and also the calf. Lots of good pain points there.

Bit of work on my left leg and some on my lower back.

All very good.

I had my best selep in the last 11 weeks last night. 5 straight hrs.

And my knees weren't all achy this morning and for a good part of the day.

I had booked one appointment every Monday for the next 2 months but called today and booked another one this Thursday. If it works I want more of it.

In addition I am riding the exercise bike at home more and lowering the seat at 5-10 minute intervals in order to work on the range of motion in my knees.

And then to get me really back in fine form for riding I had my wife help me move the old CX500 from the shed into the garage so I can now go out there and throw a leg over and sit on it for extended periods of time. Will also provide motivation and help with the mental prep (why am I doing all this stuff?). Boy, the first time throwing a leg over was a bit rough - right leg and knee not wanting to move that way. I have been working on mounting from both sides as the left leg is a bit easier to lift over than the right. This will also help me help the physio and masseuse know what to work on.

I did go out and sit on it for 15 minutes yesterday. Able to lift my feet up onto the pegs and work the shift lever and brake. Legs weren't too bad but 15 minutes is a far cry from being able to do an Iron Butt ride. Got a lot of seat time coming up over the next 5 or 6 months of winter. And a lot of leg work as I could not stand up on the pegs. Not enough strength in the legs yet to lift myself from the sitting position.

But progress is being made.

Bruce

Good for you! Keep at it over the Winter and you'll be ready for a new year of riding come Spring. Sorry for your crash but you've got a great attitude about it! Cheers to the rehab. Marty

Glad to hear things are improving for you..... keep up that rehab.....

I like the idea that you are using that old CX, just proves they never die, they just get used for different stuff......

Unbelievable! :hat4:

Your spirits seem high and your goals achievable! Keep up the good work and you'll soon be good as new! Like Uncle Phil says, the therapy makes all the difference! My hat is off to you!

Top Bottom