MP4 velcro mounted and hardwired

Bike
ST1300 ABS 2005
I have had this setup running past 6 months and is easy to do and not expensive. I dont fancy my smart phone on the bike and would not be able to control volume or skip with gloves on anyway.

I Velcro mounted an inexpensive, ($30) MP4/FM radio player (Phillips) next to my Oxford heated grips controler.

I glued, 3 rubber stick-on "thingies" to assist with channel / volume change with gloves on.

The 3mm audio line is connected from the MP4, down the Left 'bar and under the tank and seat.

The MP4 stores aprox 300 songs, can play for 6 hrs, then I remove it and charge wih PC, 12V or wall charger 30 minutes.

When I mount the bike, i connect that plug, to a coiled extension line, up inside my jacket, to my "Shark Vision" full face helmet and into my custom made, audio music driver earplugs!

sorry photos not the best in the garage at night...

Works great! new addition ... decided to go wireless as I tiered of connecting and disconnecting the 3mm audio jack from helmet to bike.
Due to the contagious disease of "Farkle-itis" got me thinking
think1.gif
I was required to go wireless.

I got tiered of being "tethered" from Helmet to bike, so...

$10.00 off e-bay for FM modulator, connects directly to my MP4 and broadcasts on any FM frequency that is free!

This allows me to tune my "Scala Rider Q2" to this specified frequency and receive all MP4 content thru my custom made audio drivers.

Works very well.

Just need to get into habit of shutting the devices off when ride ends or battery drains out....

see new pix attached

Attachments

• MP4c.jpg
    MP4c.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 27
  • MP4d.jpg
    MP4d.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 20
  • MP4e.jpg
    MP4e.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 67
  • MP4f.jpg
    MP4f.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 35
  • MP4.jpg
    MP4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 59
  • MP4b.jpg
    MP4b.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 2013-05-04 11.23.03.jpg
    2013-05-04 11.23.03.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
What a great idea! I like those self stick "thingies". I had problems adjusting heated gloves temperature, this will solve it. Thanks.
i love my iPhone, so I've Velcro it on top of "tank" and I'm using "thumb dogs"- little metallic sleeves over gloves finger, that works on touch screen.
http://www.thumbdogs.com

Mark

Mark hi, Where theres a demand theres a suloution! who would think of such a novell idea as Thumbdogs? Brilliant! The rubber thingies I picked up at an electronics store here in Melbourne (australia) called jaycar. They come with double sided tape and are probably little "legs" or stand offs for circuit boards or heat sink plates. who knows?

I'm glad that I could help. Before I found thumbdogs, I tried to stick aluminum duck tape on tip of my gloves fingers. Only the flexibility of aluminum was the problem. It actually worked too. But the thumbdogs are better just have to make sure that they don't slide off- almost lost them two times.

mark.

Back
Top Bottom