My father's journey is ending...

Pat, we're sorry to hear this. Our condolences go out to you and your family. Losing a parent is like losing a part of yourself that can never be replaced.

John and Janis

Pat, I see some parallels between you and me and our dads...apple not falling far from the tree and all. I've had 11 years to think about my dad in those terms. I find I haven't gotten over losing him, but by remembering what he taught me I do get through it. Warm wishes heading your way.

Pat, condolences to you and your family. I lost my Dad a couple of weeks ago as well, so I know what you're going through. Sadness that he's passed, but relief that he's no longer suffering. Peace.

Pat, I feel for you buddy. I'll be praying for you and your family in this tough time.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful thoughts, prayers and shared memories. We'll get through this by leaning on each other (you all included!)

We will not be having a funeral service for him; he hated funerals and always said "I don't want a bunch of people walking up and saying how good I look, I'm DEAD!" He has donated his body to Ohio State University. Here's a link to Dad's obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chillicothegazette/obituary.aspx?n=wayne-t-obryant&pid=173610243

We will be having a Celebration of Life on January 10, 2014.

Pat, what a great tribute you wrote about your Dad! Those few lines that you wrote about him are just a glimpse for us into the life of a man that was extraordinary! What a great legacy he has left behind. His suffering I know was hard to watch, I know also because my Mom is going down the same path. At times you wish they would be called home to be released from this worlds suffering. By the Grace of God, He has said enough, no more suffering, you have endured enough, come home to be with Me in Heaven. My prayers for you and the family.

Top Bottom