My First Tip Over

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
I have only been a member here a few weeks, and an ST1100 owner less than two weeks. When I first saw the tip over stat on the profile page I kinda chuckled and thought tip-overs were something old guys that can no longer hold up their bikes did. I must say I have now been enlightened! This morning while parking in the shop at work I went to turn around on the smooth concrete floor so I would be facing the door when I left. As I began to turn I grabbed a little front brake to slow down, and skid.... down I went. No real damage to speak of and luckily no one was watching. I did however move the bars over and up a bit while picking the bike back up, so that was kind unsettling. I just adjusted and tightened them back up, and all is well. No injuries other than a slight scuff to my pride!:D

Thats good no injury's. I also have had my ST1100 just a few weeks and every time I ride I wonder if this will be the day. Glad you are ok and the bike.

"when you least expect it, your elected, your our star today....smile, your on candid camera" But then again, your to young to remember Alan Funt.

I dropped mine inside an enclosed trailer and popped the mirror off ... felt like an idiot !!! oh well stuff happens! Good luck with your new ride ....

I love it! At least you are honest and can admit that the bike got the better of you! Now just keep the rubber side down and you will keep that big old smile on your face!!:D

No real damage to speak of and luckily no one was watching.
Thats the first thing I checked for when I dropped mine. I didnt need any more embarrassment after discovering the cause of my tipover was failure to remove the disc lock. Rolled about 3" and next thing I knew I was on the ground before I knew what happened.

AHH Crap Hope I dont follow suit. But if I do Its nice to know ill be in such good company:)

Your next thing on your to do list should be to search for the video of how to pick up your bike. Saves your back and adjusting the handlebars.

NEWBY!! I think I am up to 5. The only thing that makes me feel better is all were on snow, mud, dirt or gravel, and that is with 65,000 miles of riding.

Sheesh, so young and can't keep it up! For shame! :eek:4:

Well, I guess you got a good start, maybe you'll be able to catch some of the pros we have here!..;)

" I kinda chuckled and thought tip-overs were something old guys that can no longer hold up their bikes "

I thought tip-overs were something I did when I was young and undisiplined that I would out grow as I matured (whatever that is)???:p:

Kinda surprising how fast the weight comes on at minimum maneuvering speed. After I aced (3) it in the first few weeks of ownership I've somehow managed to avoid the circumstances of the infamous T.O. That said, it only takes a momentary lapse to add to my score...

Now that you got the first one under your belt the rest is all gravy. Welcome aboard.

Brag,

Geeze, what took you so long!?

Brag, brag! I keep saying it - there are some mightily competetive riders in here...

I have only been a member here a few weeks, and an ST1100 owner less than two weeks..... down I went.

That's the way it played for me, too (within 4-days) - it's this place, I tell you!!!!

And stop bragging ;)

Welcome to the "when not if" club......

Rule 1 for riding at slow speeds on any bike but especially a heavy one..... leave that front brake alone.... use the rear, far better for stability....

Back
Top Bottom