National Tag

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I know this will prolly appeal more to the LD guys, but no reason more local folks can't use it as an excuse to extend their legs a little. It'll take a long time to do 48 (or 49 or 50!) states, but what the heck, it's just a game. Some additional rules, tho, compared to the state games:

6. The tag must move to a state in which it hasn't previously been (I'll add a checkable poll when I get home if one of the mods doesn't beat me to it <hint, hint :D>)

6.a. No need to move it to the next state, just a different one.

7. I recommend but don't require that the new tag be relatively easy (like National Monuments and/or popular MC deSTinations) just to help move it along.

Why this particular site to STart?? Good question.

Co-founder Derek Catt used to play his fife on the steps of this monument, and his memorial was held on the grounds near where I took the picture. He was a member of The Kings 8th Afoot, a British regiment that was stationed here in the late 1700s, and he was a member of the 3rd Infantry, Old Guard Fife And Drum Corps, a group of whom played at his Memorial. So, big memories for me and the rest of his family. (BTW, the memorial is currently closed for a major renovation but the surrounding park grounds are open.)

Why now? Well, March 22nd is the "official" 15th anniversary for STOC, the publish date for the first issue of STuff, the newsletter he started in '94. To that time, it had been only an e-mail group. He took those -mails and put'em into a more newsy format. After his passing, Charlie Woods, RIP (STOC 002) and Jim Alexander (STOC 009) continued the legacy and took us into more modern times as the 'net matured. Many more folks (mostly Steinar Fremme at st1100.org and my-mc.com, Don Feyma at st-riders.net, and Joe [Mellow] Norris at this site) have continued the tradition. With nearly 8000 STOC numbers now assigned and 10,000 subscribers to this site, STOC is way bigger than we ever imagined in the early days, especially for sumpin' that started as a joke.

[-]To read the original STuff newsletters, go to st1100.org, click on Other then STuff Archives. You can also see all the STOC numbers there, plus get your own, under Membership. Current high number is 7849, Dale Pratt, Fresno, CA.[/-]

Original STuff newsletters are archived at st-riders.net. Also, Don Feyma, keeper of that site, is now doing the STOC numbers, send him an email with your real name and bike info to get a new number. don@feyman.org

So, youse guys with long legs, consider moving this tag to any of the remaining [-]47 (or 48 or 49)[/-] 26 states, (as of 8-8-2015). No reason it couldn't be moved to foreign lands as well, as long as someone would eventually bring it back. I have a feeling this thread is gonna be around for a while. :D

tags 005.jpg

Remaining states

Alaska

California

Delaware

Florida

Hawaii
Idaho

Iowa
Kansas

Louisiana

Maryland

Michigan
Minnesota

Montana
Nebraska
Nevada

New Jersey

North Dakota

Oregon

Puerto Rico

South Carolina

Utah

Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Last edited:
OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Oops! Maine is not on the list. Is this a repeat? I'll check all the previous entries this evening.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Nice ride Raymond!

PS. There's a reference in post 243 to Maine being tagged in post 161 (both by Jeff/4jranch), but post 161 doesn't have any text saying 'Maine' nor show the picture.
:shrug1:
Edit.... sorry, post 161 _does_ show a picture... I can't explain why the picture doesn't show up on another device I was I using.

Last edited:
OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Mac to the rescue. :D

But it won't work. Since it's already been to Maine, Ziamon still "owns" it until dropped in one of the states still listed on page 1. Sorry guys, them's the rules. :D

(I'm just happy people are still playing.)

Last edited:

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Try this again, the drop is in New Mexico. For a hint this 5th fastest plane in the world last flew from Cannon AFB.

Attachments

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Well, I had it dropped in a different area of NM, but then I found ME had already been tagged. I've been by that aircraft in my travels, but am a bit west of it now. Nice tag Raymond.

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
That particular plane has been the NM state tag. I think Mac placed it and I picked it up. Been a couple years ago. Anyway, NM is now removed from Page 1 for the National Tag. Thanks for playing, guys. :D

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Top Bottom