Helmets Neotec-II compatibility with Scala Rider G9x ?

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
Wife & I are considering moving to modular lids. Top contender is the Shoei Neotec-II.

Our Ridin' is split 60/40; 60% two-up on out ST1300, 40% on his n her bikes. The 40% is often touring where maximum range is very desirable.

We're receiving conflicting info re: compatibility of our Scala G9x communicators with the Neotec-II lids. A few purported "ex-spurt" salespeople claim the Scala G9x devices are compatible with either type of mic, chinbar or boom. Another school of thought is that they are compatible as long as the chinbar mic is used, but with the caveat that we won't be able to raise the chinbar.

We currently have the G9x devices mounted on a pair of Arai FF lids with the optional chinbar mics attached to the chinbars via the supplied adhesive velcro stuff.

It seems the boom mikes would be preferable on a modular lid so comms could be available regardless of chinbar position.

Can anyone offer first-hand experience with the combo of G9x and Neotec-II?

Thanks all
&
Good Ridin'
slmjim

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I don’t have direct experience with the Scala/Neotec combo but I’ll make the following comments. From my experience with a Nolan N90 with N-Com installed, the boom works well regardless of chin bar position. I could make a chin bar mic work from an installation perspective but as you note,when the chin bar is up, the mic won’t work well.

Interestingly enough, the first page of the Scala manual shows a modular helmet with the boom mic installed.

Note my rugged good looks in this image...

DAC9E83E-4EA1-4FFA-B0E9-F81FE3BE7655.jpeg

Or the boom mic...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Just bought a Neotec II, seems the lid is specifically designed to hold the SENA SRL2
They claim it also works with non SENA devices and features noise filtering...

Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Recently mounted a set of G9/G9X on Neotec2's. You have to mount the cradle a little further back because of the triangular comm panel on the side of the helmet. We have the bendy gooseneck mics that mount directly to the cradle. We just route the gooseneck external and pop the mic up from the bottom. More of a two handed operation to open and close the chinbar, but it works for now until we upgrade.

Top Bottom