New Brakes on my STs

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I placed all new pads on both STs…Sixity branded brakes. I know a lot of people here buy the OEM organic pads or the EBC HH sintered pads (which I had on my 2000)- the sintered pads on that bike always felt a little ‘wooden’. I had the organic pads on the 94 (from the prior owner- I never put them on). None of the pads were down to the backing, maybe 2 mm left on some of them, some a little more. The type I selected for both bikes was the ceramic, and today, I bedded them in on the 94 ST- they’re sold on eBay, but I bought them direct from the sixity.com website. I got a $5 discount and paid a total of $40 shipped for the brakes on both bikes (front and rear). I’m quite pleased with them and they don’t have the wooden feel at the brake lever. I was a little skeptical given the price, but my brother sourced an article and they are in the top 8 brakes for bikes. The pic below is the for the front brakes. The rears have a different part number but they were the same for the rear of the 94 ABS and 2000 non ABS. I cleaned everything while was in there and used copper anti-seize on the pad backing and the pins. Unfortunately (and I never noticed this)- all of the pad springs and retainers were missing on the 94 (pad springs were there on the fronts, but no retainers and on the back, well, nothing), so I bought them all from Honda parts direct.com (shipping was more but the parts cost were less, so overall ~ $39 shipped which was less than partzilla.com).

Here’s the pad selection guide: https://www.sixity.com/brake-pad-selection-guide

AA58C699-411C-4538-8D6D-0C0060BAB3B4.jpeg

TMF

Bike
1992 Honda ST1100
I can also recommend Sixity. Working well on my '03 Suzuki SV1000S sportbike. Progressive feel with good power. If they really are ceramic they will be kind to the rotors. The reason "if" was written is because ceramic pads look pretty much the same as other pads and they are manufactured in China where things are a bit more lax.

Top Bottom