Nicecycle.com

STlicious

Brad
Bike
2005 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Thought I would tap the expansive knowledge of ST-Owners.com members to see if anyone has done business or had dealings with Nicecycle.com, specifically related to their line of replacement fairings for the ST1300. I know their fairing replacements are all fabricated in China then shipped to the states directly to the purchaser. I’ve been reading what I can find on the internet, some good, some not so good but a consistent theme of excellent customer service. Here is a link to what I’m looking at: https://www.nicecycle.com/Deep-Red-Honda-ST1300-Fairings-p/2616.htm

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brad

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The injection molded is the way to go, for replacements. But it is still buyer beware.

The set I bought, an unpainted set, cost me around $350. I have yet tried to mount them. But maybe I'll try now that I have the dead engine 2005 sitting on my lift with it's clothes off. ;)

eBay plastics

Reactions: Obo
Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
I bought set of $150 eBay ABS plastics for my race Ninja 250. Some holes needed minor slotting to fit, no big deal. Then I found real problem when replacing some panels on my commuter 250 with factory OEM panels removed from race bike. Those too didn't fit quite right. Turned out due to various drops and crashes, brackets had been bent on both bikes and neither factory nor aftermarket panels fit 1st time around without some adjustments! :)

For some brain-fart reason, I couldn't remember which fibreglass race-fairings I used on my 2005 CBR600RR (turned out it was Optimal). So I bought HotBodies for my 2007 CBR600RR... big mistake!!!! Definitely not as good for fit & finish as Optimal. Dimples for holes didn't line up with anything, not even themselves. There are 1/2" gaps between panels that can't be closed-up no matter what, just not enough material. I bridged gap with row of zip-ties. :eek: Didn't come with quick-release Dzus fasteners like Optimal, which had pre-drilled holes and everything lined up perfectly. Optimal was also slightly lighter than stock, HotBodies definitely heavier than factory bodywork.

I suspect HotBodies is outsourcing their production off-shore and aren't doing any QA/QC when order comes in... Greedy bastids!!! Also their MGP rearsets are previous generation Arashi v1 dumped at close-out years ago. Can find on eBay & Amazon for 25-40% of what Hotbodies is charging! Grr...

Last edited:
Top Bottom