North Carolina moto safety inspection question

Bike
ST 1300
For those of you in NC, help me clear up a question on the motorcycle safety inspection....

Recently (Nov 2008) vehicle safety inspections went "stickerless." I cannot find information on the NC DMV site that directly states this includes motorcycles. For those of you that have inspected your bike after Nov 2008, did you get an inspection sticker to display on your fork?

The reason I ask is that I already got my plate renewal sticker and registration, but my current inspection sticker is good to the end of the month. I'm thinking of skipping this inspection cycle and getting it next year. I don't see how they could block my registration since they already sent it to me. (I'll re-inspect next year before it is due again).

Your thoughts?

NCrider

Andrew Seawell
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Funny, I haven't thought about that....I never have had a motorcycle inspected here in NC.

Guess I'm going to have to start.

Now I don't even know what to do. :confused:

cmotor

Beacause your current inspection sticker is still valid you will not need to get inspection until the next registration cycle.

That's the way I understand it.

If you needed to get inspection at this time they would not offer to renew the tag.

This is the new game the state of NC is playing.

To be legal you must have a current inspection.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Then they will accept you tag money, not before.$$$$$$$$$$$$$
This is all based on if you have paid the personal property tax.$$$$$$$$

Is this clear?

And no. You no longer get a sticker. Just an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.

Don't worry. They have all this recorded in some computer in Raleigh.
Thats exactly right. If you look on your registration card it will show the expiration date of the registration and then the block right next to it will say Inspection due and will have a date. When your inspection sticker expires, peel it off and you will not need a new one until the month before your registration expires next year. They will give you the piece of paper and it will be put in the computer system that it has been inspected. Probably a good idea to keep the paper handy...sometimes there are computer errors and all that and it is nice to be able to show the nice person at the dmv your inspection certificate. Same thing on your cars, pickups etc.

Top Bottom