Not my first, but most embarassing

I have dropped my STP too many times to count on the training pad. Slow speed falls have left my poor tip over wings ground down with holes in them. But yesterday I dropped it at a local park after doing some snazzy figure 8's and U turns on an incline.

I was there doing some training and had just completed a dozen or so really nice manuevers. The trainer calls me over to the side of the road. I pull over to him, kind of perpindicular on the hill (first mistake) and as I'm slowly rolling to him, I tap the front brake (second mistake) which causes the front tire to pull to the left (down hill) slightly. The bike starts to lean downhill, so I put my downhill foot out to stop it, but where'd the road go. By the time I touched the ground the bike was beyond the point of no return. We righted it quickly and began riding some more ( I guess to show all the disc golfers I wasn't a complete boob) and then off we went. I'm sure there was no new damage to the tip over wings, but damaged pride.....fo' sho' .

Of course, I followed proper motor training protocol. As soon as the bike was up and on the kickstand, I began to investigate and then kick the "rock" or "dirt" that caused my mishap out of the way so no one else would succumb to it's evil ways.

wolfxoman

Done Riding!!! Near death exp
Bike
NONE
STOC #
Of course, I followed proper motor training protocol. As soon as the bike was up and on the kickstand, I began to investigate and then kick the "rock" or "dirt" that caused my mishap out of the way so no one else would succumb to it's evil ways.
That would be the proper recovery protocall. Great job.:D :D :bow1:

Nothing like a little training exercise to remind us on the fundamentals. glad to hear nothing was damaged.

Except the pride :hurt1: :D

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Thank you for removing the rocks and dirt that I would have most certainly fallen victim to.

Look left, go left.
Look right, go right.
Look down, GO DOWN!
Look up, attach cape, Fly Baby !!!

Bike
ST 1300
Great post....not too many people in your profession that would even admit to that, let alone post it on a site with almost 7000 members...kudos...ride safe:bow1: :bow1: :bow1:

OP
OP
bluedragon
Great post....not too many people in your profession that would even admit to that, let alone post it on a site with almost 7000 members...kudos...ride safe:bow1: :bow1: :bow1:

Heck, if a motor cop lets on like he's never dropped his bike, fallen over or fallen off, then he is full of it......tip over's happen, especially on traffic stops where you misjudge the crown of the road.

OP
OP
bluedragon
Did those tipover bars do ther job??

Thanks
Yeah they do. It keeps the bike up much higher. We have bars in front of the saddlebags and bars right above the Tip Over Wings. So, even on a spill while we are moving, there is generally only damage to those protective bars, not anything else.

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
I have dropped my STP too many times to count on the training pad. Slow speed falls have left my poor tip over wings ground down with holes in them. But yesterday I dropped it at a local park after doing some snazzy figure 8's and U turns on an incline.

I was there doing some training and had just completed a dozen or so really nice manuevers. The trainer calls me over to the side of the road. I pull over to him, kind of perpindicular on the hill (first mistake) and as I'm slowly rolling to him, I tap the front brake (second mistake) which causes the front tire to pull to the left (down hill) slightly. The bike starts to lean downhill, so I put my downhill foot out to stop it, but where'd the road go. By the time I touched the ground the bike was beyond the point of no return. We righted it quickly and began riding some more ( I guess to show all the disc golfers I wasn't a complete boob) and then off we went. I'm sure there was no new damage to the tip over wings, but damaged pride.....fo' sho' .

Better late than never... Here's your TOA!

Top Bottom