Oil Filter Part #'s

No popcorn needed :)

Do the different yrs of the ST1300 share the same Oil Filter??
Looking to do my 1st Oil Change on my 2012 (The bike is New to me)

ThX

Congrats on your new “baby”. To answer your question, I believe all years share a common oil filter.
Other members will certainly correct me if my information is wrong.
If it’s your first time doing an oil change on this MC, just be aware that the filter is in a “challenging” spot and if you don’t want to make a mess of your garage, make sure you put something down ‘cause it gonna leak all down your center stand. Just sayin’!

All years take the same filter. Part # 15410-MFJ-D01 or the new 15410-MFJ-D02. If you want to save $ use a Honda/Acura filter 15400-PLM-A02. It’s a little longer and has the same bypass valve pressure.

Drain the oil on the center stand, replace the drain bolt. Place the bike on the side stand. Get a piece of aluminum foil about 8 to 12” off the roll. Fold in half and hang it over the left exhaust pipe about even with the oil filter. Form the foil to make a gutter that catches the oil from the oil filter and runs it into a container. Reach up and pull the center stand down enough to give swing room for your oil filter wrench. Spin the filter far off enough to let drain. As the filter drains the foil keeps oil off the left exhaust pipe and directs it to your container. When the oil is done coming out of the filter pull the center stand down again enough to spin the filter off and install the new one.

Wad up the foil to dispose of it and if you do it right there won’t be a drip of oil on you, the bike, or the floor.

The ST, Goldwing, and VFR all use the same filter. (We're done oil changes on all of them in my garage.) I've been using Wix filters from the local O'Reilly's auto parts store.

You might find this interesting.

From my maintenance log: (this was for a 2010, tho as others have said, all took the same filter.) You might go to the Calsci website and read what that guy had to say about oil filters. Then, go to the search function in the blue band atop this page and search for oil filters. Those threads are slightly less entertaining than oil threads, but hey, you pays your money you makes your choice. I'm not recommending any one filter over another. That's for another thread.....

Oil Filters: Purolator PL 14612 – 2.5” high; Pl 14610 – 3.5” high; Boss PBL14610

Mobil M1-108 2.5”; M1-110 3.5”

Bosch 3300

Honda: 15410-MFJ-D01

Walmart – ST6607, or ST7317 (longer)

Fram 6017A 2.57” high, 2.67” o.d.

I work for a Baldwin Filter distributor. Looking at the Baldwin website it looks like every Honda bike uses the same filter a B1400. I used them on my last bike ('16 CTX-700) and have already used it on my new to me '01 ST1100. I also use them on my F150 and my wife's Edge. Baldwin makes OEM filters and for private branded. Their filters are designed to meet or exceed OE specifications. Where I am going with this is they are considerably less expensive than the Honda Filter and backed by their own warranty. In more than 35 yrs in the business I have never had to deal with a warranty filter claim.

Jam a piece iCard board under filter, use a 1" extension on ratchet,use a cup type filter wrench.replace filter,then drain oil from engine.

I work for a Baldwin Filter distributor.... Where I am going with this is they are considerably less expensive than the Honda Filter and backed by their own warranty. In more than 35 yrs in the business I have never had to deal with a warranty filter claim.
Just curious, what does the warranty cover? The bike, or only filter replacement? How does one prove a filter caused the bike to implode/explode/grenade, choose your word?
WoW, you boys don't waste time getting the info out!!
Appreciate the Information!!
Cheers :thumb:
We are nothing if not efficient. I'm often wrong, but never in doubt*.:rofl1:

*Too good an opportunity not to mangle that aphorism.

Purolator Pl 14610 "One",
Pick it up at your local Auto Parts place (I use AutoZone) for about $8.
This is the only filter I've used in the 9 years I've had my ST1300.

I use the HiFlo Filtro filters from Fortnine. Shipping is free after $50. So I buy two or three filters and an air filter and what ever else that shines till I get over $50 :)

I use the regular 204 filter and you can also buy the "racing" filter, that has a nut on the end for easy removal.

Good luck....
I've been using HiFLo for ages. They were carried by our local bike shop, which has gone west along with many others, and I continue mostly due to habit. Never a problem.

Top Bottom