OK, it's official!

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I believe I can now call myself an "Official" ST Owner! I have joined (reluctantly) the ranks of the TOT group (Yea ME!)

The Munchkin Pillion and I had just checked in to our hotel for the Moonshine weekend. We had parked in front and I needed to move the bike closer to our room.

We mounted up, made a loop around the front entrance and headed for the side parking lot. I was estimating where our room was, so I could park within view of our window. Decided on a spot and stopped, flipped down the side stand and started to dismount the bike when it just fell to the right.

I didn't realize that, although the ground looked level, there was an incline and the position I had stopped at put the uphill on the left....

I ended up jumping off the right side, Bre just rode it out! I was horrified, worried that she may have been hurt. Bre just looked up at me and asked "Why did you do that?".

TOW did it's thing, slightly cracked and scratched but no other damage. I was able to right the bike, moved it to where it would not fall over and continued to unload.

OK, where's my Zippo??

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
"Why did you do that?" :crackup
So what was your answer dad???

Glad nobody was hurt. Gotta love the TOWs.

jwayden

John Wayden
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Glad your fall was at zero mph!! I think I know what a TOW is (Tip Over Wing?), and I'm guessing that "TOT" is "tip over" something; but what's the 2nd "T" in TOT stand for? Team? Tribe? Fortunately, I still belong to the "those who will" group! Got the rear tip-over bars from bygdawg, so I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

OP
OP
sirepair

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I'm guessing that "TOT" is "tip over" something; but what's the 2nd "T" in TOT stand for?
I believe it's for Tip Over Tales!

Some are more entertaining than others!

My answer to "Why did you do that?", "Sorry honey, I just didn't know the bike was gonna fall over! Are you OK??"

Thanks for the well wishes!

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable!:eek:4:

Glad everyone and your bike are ok and that you have a sense of humor about it! That's all it takes to survive the initiation!;) (Now where's Fred with that award...)

Glad your fall was at zero mph!! I think I know what a TOW is (Tip Over Wing?), and I'm guessing that "TOT" is "tip over" something; but what's the 2nd "T" in TOT stand for? Team? Tribe? Fortunately, I still belong to the "those who will" group! Got the rear tip-over bars from bygdawg, so I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be!
Here ya go for some good reading and some laughs!
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=261

Have fun!!:clap2:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear that you are no longer in the "I kept it Up" group. (This group is getting smaller and smaller...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom