One year and 22,093 miles with the ST1300.

Klackey

Kevin
Bike
2005 ST 1300
One year and 22,093 miles with the ST1300.

I bought my 05 ST on 08/08/07. It had 8,357 miles and came with Sergeant seat. This is the best bike I have had. I have kept this bike longer and put more miles on it then any other I have had. At this point I am almost completely happy with this bike (wish it was ABS). I came from a cruiser world so this was huge change for me. Wow, the things I have learned with this bike. I learned how to ride better on mountain roads by leaning with the bike, instead of fighting each corner. This bike has real powerful breaks to help pull down the speed it his bike can make in a heart beat. Having real power to pass at will and to set the speed you want going up long mountain grades is great. The smoothness of the bike makes long distance traveling a true pleasure. I now am finally able to hop on and head off into the unknown open road because of the hard bags and all weather wind protection from the bike. I have had no trouble with this bike and have only spent money on tires, oil + filters and farkles. I just love this bike and every time I get on, it brings a smile to my face and the feeling of being alive even if it just for my boring daily commute and the side bags are great for going to the store (people are shocked at how much I can hold in them). On my last long trip I was thinking how perfect this bike is for me. I use it everyday for commute it saves gas $ and time. I can take it out after work for a quick blast up the mountains for stress relief / entertainment. Then I can load it down and head off to roads unknown on long tours. It may not be the “best” at any of these things but it dose them all so well for me that I think I finally found a “keeper”.

Things I have added this year:

Motorcycle Larry “highway wings”
Motorcycle Larry riser plate with ram mount and power let.
Powerlet duel power plug plate for the left side
Powerlet front faring power plug
Powerlet heated jacket and gloves with controller
Areoflow headlight guard
Break-a-way throttle lock
Turbo Toms header wrap
Turbo Toms rear luggage rack
Turbo Toms Light side shelf
Turbo Toms Left side shelf
Turbo Toms fuel pressure regulator
Fenda Extenda front mud flap
Corbin Smuggler
Aeriete 90 degree valve stems
Pioneer Uno XM satellite radio
Ram mount for Uno
Ram mount balls mounted on clutch bracket
Ram mount for GPS
Garmin 60C Sx GPS
Rear tip over bars
Valentine 1 radar detector
Cheetah heads up display for the V1
Headlight modulator
Kaisan rear break modulator
LED blinkers mounted on mirrors
Whelen flashing LED break light
Electrical Connection fork mounted running lights
Dick Seng under the mirror light brackets
Piaa 910 driving lights
Sabel air horn

I think I am getting close to being done …………. Maybe…

Last edited:
STOC #

= 13,736

So you rode all of 13,736 miles????????

Ok, I bought my 07 in June of 07.
I have all most 30k. All non commute miles.
I'll cage it for the next 6 months so you can catch up. :D

But you do have me beat in posts. I wonder why? :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Klackey,

I almost posted a similar "I love this bike" last Sunday. I got up early to ride the ST somewhere, nowhere it particular, for a cup of coffee. I came home 240 miles later in time for lunch. This bike is still fun to ride just for fun after 50K.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Good for you... who cares how many miles you ride as long as you do them when YOU can and on YOUR terms.

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
stovepipe states:

= 13,736

So you rode all of 13,736 miles????????

Ok, I bought my 07 in June of 07.
I have all most 30k. All non commute miles.
I'll cage it for the next 6 months so you can catch up.

But you do have me beat in posts. I wonder why?
If you look at his 2008 miles it is obvious that the 22,093 miles are miles that he accumulated above and beyond the 8357 the bike had when he bought it. I don't quite understand the need that some folks have to build themselves up by denigrating others. The guy is simply stating the joy he's found in riding his ST - something I think we can all relate to.

Klackey: My hat's off to you. I have over 3700 miles on my 2007 after about 2-1/2 months of ownership. I wish I could find the time to put more miles in, but alas, work gets in the way (but it pays the bills too :) ).

Here's hoping you're just as happy after another 22K! :beer3:

stellarpod

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
wow, i think i have farkle envy. that is some list of stuff.

i'm working on my farkle list but have only had the bike since May. I need to get my heated gear ready for winter though, and have heated grips to install and a controller for my warm-n-safe jacket liner.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
4200 miles since June 13, 2008 but that is about to come to a screeeeeeeching halt once the semester begins next week.

How do you like your Sargent Seat?
Mike

OP
OP

Klackey

Kevin
Bike
2005 ST 1300
The OD read 30,450 on 8/8/08 so
-----------
= 22,093 miles
I just did not post the od reading on 8/8/08.

As for the Sergent seat, well it is all I have ever rode on so I cant compare........

Yes I went Farkel crazy! I do love the end result = a bike that is exactly what I want.....

I am lucky I live CA= year around riding. I also have an understanding wife and 3 months off in the summmer.

I was just trying to say I love this bike and am thrilled that I found one I will keep.....

Important thing is to ride and enjoy time you can ride...........

Last edited:

beatlejuice

site supporter IBA member
STOC #
my hats off to you. wish i could ride that much. hope to meet you in bakersfield for the hand off.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
stovepipe states:

If you look at his 2008 miles it is obvious that the 22,093 miles are miles that he accumulated above and beyond the 8357 the bike had when he bought it. I don't quite understand the need that some folks have to build themselves up by denigrating others. The guy is simply stating the joy he's found in riding his ST - something I think we can all relate to.

Klackey: My hat's off to you. I have over 3700 miles on my 2007 after about 2-1/2 months of ownership. I wish I could find the time to put more miles in, but alas, work gets in the way (but it pays the bills too :) ).

Here's hoping you're just as happy after another 22K! :beer3:

stellarpod
I like the way you think.

Top Bottom