Online tire sales

I doubt it ... i think it's called free enterprise competition :)

BTW, stop yelling.

It doesn't matter much who you buy from anymore, because all of the "parts houses" do not stock tires themselves, they have them drop shipped from powersport distributors.

So it's more about "where can you get the best price today" - all you have to do is spend 15 minutes searching online, then order. Personally I order either from RevZilla or BikeBandit - tires usually show up within 1 to 2 days after ordering, because they drop ship from distributors in Texas (I'm in Texas).
just looked at 4 common tire sites Revzilla, American Moto, Bike Bandit and Riders Domain. Pirelli Angle GT 120/70 r18, 3 were at $145.99 and one was at $146.66. Not much of a difference in price... why?:confused:

Not much of a difference in price... why?
Could be because amongst these competitors this is the top of the price range that the market will bear and above that price they don't sell. It could also be the opposite where if there is sufficient competition between these retailers they all arrive at the lowest common denominator price where they still feel the profit margin makes it worth their effort. Below this amount they just abandon that particular product to someone else. Maybe the prices are all so close because that is where the bottom of the price range is. So among on-line competitors this could be the top of the viable price range or the bottom- or anywhere in between. Hope I cleared that up for everyone.:rolleyes:

just looked at 4 common tire sites Revzilla, American Moto, Bike Bandit and Riders Domain. Pirelli Angle GT 120/70 r18, 3 were at $145.99 and one was at $146.66. Not much of a difference in price... why?:confused:

It's competition ... it doesn't matter that they're pennies different ... they are hoping for customer loyalty. I used to be in marketing so I understand their perspective. It's not about some "unwritten rule" among companies. It's all about volume for them.

It's competition ... it doesn't matter that they're pennies different ... they are hoping for customer loyalty. I used to be in marketing so I understand their perspective. It's not about some "unwritten rule" among companies. It's all about volume for them.
so i spent my 15 minutes on line and where is all my different prices ??

I'm told that here in Canada the online outlets purchase their tires from the same wholesaler as the dealers. If everyone's paying the same wholesale price there may not be that much room for them to differentiate their product on price.

Back
Top Bottom