Orange TPMS electrical connection????

Bike
2005 ST1300
Hi,

For those that have the Orange TPMS, where did you end up powering the unit from?

Thanks,
Andrew

I used the accessory feed off the fuse block to trip a relay that powers my accessory terminal strip under the seat. Ran a twisted pair 16ga from the back of the bike to a european style terminal block (stuff the block openings with no-alux) that is physically tied to the left side frame right by where the quadrant plug was. What I should of done was tear into the quartet harness and use one of those feeds... but I didn't have the color code handy and did not feel like trying to trace out the wires.

So when I add the heated grips I'll move the TPMS and voltmeter over to the quadrant harness and then use the 16ga for the master power to the grips.

Last edited:
I have the TPMS mounted on the left side of my aftermarket dashboard. I put a male cigarette lighter plug on the end and I plugged it into my OEM Honda outlet located in my right hand storage pocket.

T_C, thanks for the detailed info, I too was going to the quartet harness but didn't remember the layout since its been so long ago as well.

Al,
I tried the same with a spare 12vdc cigarette plug I had. So many problems getting the wire on the cheap *** plug that I gave up and just connected to the power to the right side mirror for now.

Thanks for everyone's help

Top Bottom