Police ST1100 Lineup

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Found this on Flickr. May be of particular interest to @Upt' North .

Ray. Could this be Staffs? I seem to remember that RE was a Stafford reg. number. Check out the 'Sonic' reference on the rear mudguard, I do know that Sonic kitted out a lot of the police radio equipment The police station in the background looks familiar,but I can't quite put my finger on it. Looks to be from 2002. Any ideas?
ST100.jpg

Found this on Flickr. May be of particular interest to @Upt' North .

Ray. Could this be Staffs? I seem to remember that RE was a Stafford reg. number. Check out the 'Sonic' reference on the rear mudguard, I do know that Sonic kitted out a lot of the police radio equipment The police station in the background looks familiar,but I can't quite put my finger on it. Looks to be from 2002. Any ideas?
View attachment 333986
No, not Staffordshire. But yes, the MRE is a Staffs registration.
Sonic built our ST1100's to police spec but the aerials and rear lights are not Staffs spec.
The switchgear is different too.
The scuffer with the helmet on is definitely not Staffordshire. You can tell by the way he walks. :biggrin:
Is it a West Mids helmet? It's not that clear, but it looks like it's got a spike in the middle. Were Leicestershire like that?
Thanks for posting fella.
Upt.

No, not Staffordshire. But yes, the MRE is a Staffs registration.
Sonic built our ST1100's to police spec but the aerials and rear lights are not Staffs spec.
The switchgear is different too.
The scuffer with the helmet on is definitely not Staffordshire. You can tell by the way he walks. :biggrin:
Is it a West Mids helmet? It's not that clear, but it looks like it's got a spike in the middle. Were Leicestershire like that?
Thanks for posting fella.
Upt.
Ok. Cheers Ray. Pretty sure it's not West Mids. Leicestershire did have spiked helmets. No, he isn't walking with a 'country gait' ;)

Back
Top Bottom