Question for European riders RE: CBF1000

Honda Canada will be selling the CBF1000 later this year.
Does anyone have any experience with this bike? In particular, I was wondering how the engine compares to the ST1100.
The ST suits me almost perfectly, however, I would like something that is lighter and has a little lower seat.

Most of the reports on the CBF1000 seem to suggest that it does most things well, but does none of them in a spectacular fashion.
Good Miles to the gallon, very easy to ride, with good handling & apparently no vices.
I tried out one at a recent show, but I had problems with the footpeg position being higher & slightly to the rear of the Pan's position. The biggest problem however was the small size of the brake pedal & the fact that \I couldn't get my size 12 feet under the gear pedal.:D

With my limited inseam I may not find higher pegs a problem, however,
I never rode a bike that I like better than the ST1100. Some day I will be replacing it and I hope the CBF1000 would do it.
I want something that has a power band similar to the ST.
The ST1300 is out of my price range.
I really envy all of you in the UK with your selection of bikes.

I took out a CBF1000 while my ST was in for a service, completely different animal to the ST, but would love one for summer fun, not particularly keen on retro styling, but being 5ft9" riding position ws great, would miss the protection that fairing and screen give you on the Pan, Take the plunge and go for the ST1300, Whats a debt?!!

Safe Riding

Dave

Back
Top Bottom