Rebuild kit?

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Don't bother. I did two sets and nothing needed to be replaced other than the bowl gaskets. The internal parts were all fine and cleaned up perfectly. Besides, aftermarket carb parts other than maybe a bowl gasket are not worth buying, IMO. Find out if you need anything first, and then order OEM from some place like this: https://www.jetsrus.com/
Maybe bowl gaskets are okay non-OEM, but that would be my limit. More important is to ensure every passage is clear when they're apart.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I'm a believer in OEM for rubber parts. Agree that carb parts seldom require replacement.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Just don't spray any carb cleaner in them until they are fully disassembled including the fuel cut diaphragms.
Do not get any carb cleaner on the rubber parts.

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Good point ^^. I used a 90* phillips driver both times for the air cut screws and it wasn't easy but they gave way. And don't lose the rubber o ring when you remove the cover.

OP
OP
Aladinbama
Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
Besides, aftermarket carb parts other than maybe a bowl gasket are not worth buying, IMO. Find out if you need anything first, and then order OEM from some place like this: https://www.jetsrus.com/
I do most of my wrenching on all the cars, trucks and bikes I've owned for about 45 years now! I've rebuilt SEVERAL sets of carburetors (and they worked - lol).

How are the Jetrus parts any better than the All Balls parts? They are BOTH aftermarket, virtually the same price, but the All Balls includes some parts that might come in handy (if needed)!

Also, fwiw, may of the newer aftermarket rubber pieces are ethanol friendly whereas many of the original OEMs aren't. I'm a firm believer in using OEM parts when applicable, but sometimes there are better (ie. newer technology) parts available!

Smudgemo

Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I was suggesting them as a supplier that I have personally used for OEM carb parts, not the aftermarket versions.

OP
OP
Aladinbama
Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
Just for an update - I purchased the All Balls kit. It looks pretty quality - new design of o-rings for ethanol gas and the jets were stock sizes with the main jet marked with an additional S. I'm waiting on air valve diaphragms (of the two I checked I have gas on both sides of one) and I'll let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom