Revzilla is not the old Revzilla - Helite C02 travails

Bike
2010 ST1300
I've been on Revzilla's email list for months now waiting for the 100 gr Helite CO2 canisters to come back into stock. Today I found out that they no longer list the replacement canisters but may in the future. Their "geeks" do not know why this is so or when, if ever, they will carry the canisters.

If you buy a $700 vest from them, they will not sell you replacement C02 cartridges any more. Their price used to be $29 for the 100gr cart. Now you have to go to Helite USA and pay them $35 eachplus $10 shipping.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
Revzilla's customer service used to be excellent. I found their 'geeks' to be knowledgeable, helpful, honest, polite, etc. Today, the two women I got were vague, gave answers that sounded like they were speculating on the reason (why that item is no longer listed), had to pause to check either with someone else or a computer but were in no way the equal of the mc riders/product users I used to get.

When I got follow up surveys i always told them to give the guy a raise and skip the high fives. I guess they did and then fired them because they were too expensive to keep on the payroll and replaced the knowledgeable folks with people who know very little about their products.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
......people who know very little about their products.
Seems to become the norm!

Even knowing NOTHING AT ALL about the product just purchased. To the point I am wondering if some of these online outfits are just drop shipping some of the stuff they sell.

On my last purchase debacle, I asked the support lady if they had dropped shipped the item they knew nothing about.

She just said "I am not answering that" and hung up!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
They may have used the cost savings from firing the good reps, to spend on paid advertising.
They're everywhere online, it seems.

Revzilla was founded and run by riders. Comoto Holdings, owners of Revzilla, Cycle Gear, and J&P Cycles, is run by retail generalists. Ken Murphy, current CEO, was at Mattress Firm before Comoto.

Winged_STer

Gary Gray
Site Supporter
Bike
'20 BMW R1250GS Adv
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had to buy my 100g cartridges direct from Helite. They have been very helpful, but more expensive than the other retailers as you have stated. I ended up buying 2 cartridges because I suspected that an extra might be a good choice for me. I had an errant moment when I "parking lot tested" the vest and by golly, it really works! :rofl1:

Beware though, it does nothing for the resulting bruised ego from said test.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
I had to buy my 100g cartridges direct from Helite. They have been very helpful, but more expensive than the other retailers as you have stated. I ended up buying 2 cartridges because I suspected that an extra might be a good choice for me. I had an errant moment when I "parking lot tested" the vest and by golly, it really works! :rofl1:

Beware though, it does nothing for the resulting bruised ego from said test.
I've tested mine twice, hence the search. While flapping around semi paralyzed in a cocoon of inflated vest on the ground is embarrassing, both of mine happened with nobody around. The first trial told me I made the straps closing the vest much too short. The second time was better. I plan to drill and thread the bottom of one of the expended cartridges, put a hose barb in it and the hook it up to a bicycle pump with a brand new pressure gage. Helite said it inflates to 6 psi, so I think 4 psi should fully inflate it - this is to help other guys in my club fit their vests properly.

Another guy I know who 'tested' his vest thought he was injured by the tightness when inflated. I never followed up to see how he felt a few days later.

BTW, while inflated you can unfasten the clips and wiggle out of the vest. Unscrewing the canister will deflate it in a few seconds. Mine seems to hold air forever (maybe that's just embarrassed timing).

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Methinks you have missed the intended sarcasm.
I would know.
Sarcasm is my second language, and I am fluent.
I was talking about using reputable sellers who don't want to admit they are drop shipping as well (and cannot help you because they haven't seen the product and have none on hand).

Not talking about knowingly using a drop shipping outfit for better pricing.

Sarcasm is fun, just not on point in this case. Better left up to those who are fluent!

TPadden

Tom Padden
Their price used to be $29 for the 100gr cart. Now you have to go to Helite USA and pay them $35 eachplus $10 shipping...
Sarcasm is fun...
I could have just pointed out that you are complaining about both reduced cost drop shipping distribution and the increased price of the manufacturer's maintaining inventory/ shipping... we can all sarcastically agree pissing and moaning about nothing is fun. :rolleyes:

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
I could have just pointed out that you are complaining about both reduced cost drop shipping distribution and the increased price of the manufacturer's maintaining inventory/ shipping... we can all sarcastically agree pissing and moaning about nothing is fun. :rolleyes:
Tom
I'm complaining about the lack of customer service now from a vendor whose cust. serv. used to be first rate. And about the fact that I talked to one (maybe the last) knowledgeable guy at Revzilla before I bought my vest from them. He was very helpful. But now, they no longer support the Turtle 2 - by selling the cartridges that are essential to its operation. I'd add that I'm captive to their Revzilla bux, and I have enough to buy one cartridge. Customer service is more than reduced drop shipping. It's about a whole philosophy of doing business. Had Revzilla raised their price for the cartridge I would have chalked it up to inflation (and maybe greed) and probably would have bought from them anyway*. Then you would not be replying to this post.

*I happen to be one of those nuts who thinks good customer service is worth an additional cost (over Amazon, for example).

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
*I happen to be one of those nuts who thinks good customer service is worth an additional cost (over Amazon, for example).
... you have to go to Helite USA and pay them $35 eachplus $10 shipping.
I again point out that your complaint is also about the additional cost of just ordering the darn CO2 cartridges from the source. Suck it up Buttercup! :rofl1:

I happen to be one of those happy Amazon/ Revzilla customers who has NEVER (even post covid) had any problem with ordering/ shipping/ or hassle free return from either. At least we agree blaming customer service for supply chain problems is nutty. :nuts:

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom