RIP Waterloo Jay - Jay Lalonde

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
This is very sad news, condolences to the family. Only met Jay a few times and was looking forward to seing him again at ONSTOC this year. He was a very friendly and funny man, RIP Waterloo Jay

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Jay RIP.
His Wife and kids will mourn a great loss, The family will help each other through this.

The missing tragedy is the young 18 year old girl who will be scared by this nightmare for the rest of her life.
She should be found, hugged, and told that she is forgiven by all of Jay's close friends, otherwise she will never forgive herself....

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
@RaYzerman and others please speak for us to the

18 year old female driver
She may have not been injured but there is a really big hole in her heart.

We can not remove her sorrow but we can lighten the burden.

This is very hard, but it will make a difference to her.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Wow, Jay was a great guy. I met him a few times at events. He was fun to hang with and a dedicated rider.

Condolences to his family. I may watch view the internet, thanks for sharing the information.

Mike D.

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
71025265-3D76-4595-A68E-E8E4CB9E6646.jpeg

This is truly sad news, Jay will be missed.
Condolences to Heather and his kids.
Jay was one of the best motorcycle riders I knew, the irony of a freak accident at 15 km/ her., taking his life, is not lost on me.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
It's always sad to hear of the loss of a friend, especially in such a freak accident which should have been a funny story for him to tell. We have been at several STOC's with Jay and really got to know him last year at ONSTOC. He was such a great guy and avid rider. I was looking forward to continuing our acquaintance this year.

I'm sure he was as great a father and husband and will be sorely missed. Gone too soon.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
@RaYzerman and others please speak for us to the

She may have not been injured but there is a really big hole in her heart.

We can not remove her sorrow but we can lighten the burden.

This is very hard, but it will make a difference to her.
Thanks for your post. I had similar thoughts.

If the Mennonite community is represented at the funeral I will reach out to them in hopes of talking to her or at least getting a message to her.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Just a thought, wouldn't it be something if we all showed up with the Muskoka dinner jacket and the tuxedo shirts.... Jay would love that.
Hold that thought for another day........
I don’t have a shirt like that but looks like Marks Workwear has something very similar.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Devastating news about Jay and the sudden loss for his family. RIP Jay. He loved to ride with his buddies and they entertained us at ONstoc with their matching colourful clothes as evidenced by the photos others have posted in this thread. Jay will be missed by all.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Just reading this very sad news, and am so sorry for Jay and his family and friends. May his memory be a source of strength and wisdom for us all,, CAt'

Last edited:

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
If you are planning to attend the memorial or visitation please call ahead. 519-888-7700 and let them know of your intentions.
11:00am-1:00 pm visitation
1:00 pm service
The obituary page has been updated.

OP
OP
RaYzerman
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Update to post #17........ For those of you attending on Saturday, I for one will go to the pre-service viewing, leaving the limited capacity at the 1pm service for family and close friends. The service can be viewed using the link on the website. If you're going in person, you must call in advance, they need your name and number for Public Health contact tracing purposes, as Robert has already indicated.

Link has been updated:

Crazy Canucks 1-ish for lunch, if you're sporting a tuxedo tee or Muskoka dinner jacket or both, it would be a nice tribute also. If you wish to ride in, check the weather forecast, could be a few sprinkles, too early to predict how much at the moment, it's evolving.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
This is just incredibly sad. I never met the man but by all accounts the community has lost a good one. From the likes of these posts, he will be well remembered.
Rest In Peace.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Shocking news to hear! Cindy and I are both stunned. I always checked to see if his ride was parked at St Jacobs market when I went after I found him enjoyng a coffee and crowd watching one Saturday morning. Heartfelt condolences to all his close friends and family. RIP Jay.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Jay had such a unique and positive personality, bringing a ray of sunshine and positivity into everything he did with his quiet demeanor and fun-loving nature. I am going to miss that tremendously. I don't think he ever came across a stranger, simply people who were not yet his friend.

On Tuesday evening Randy hosted a small group of a dozen riders in his backyard. Ray, Anthony, and I went and it was a good time to reflect on Jay and acknowledge the loss of our friend. Yesterday morning Lyle, Yvonne, Gerhard, Cherie, Jeff, Ray, Phil, Robert, and I went to the visitation and then we went to the Crazy Canuck, a local restaurant / chip truck that Jay introduced us to for an RTE last year. Ralph and Carey met the rest of us for lunch. Later I met a group of riders in Elmira and we did a parade run past Jay's place where friends and family were waiting on the yard. I had my recently purchased tuxedo t-shirt on my windscreen and my passenger footpegs lowered as I rode by and then had a bit of a visit there before heading home.

Gerhard kindly coordinated a short-notice order for tuxedo t-shirts and he delivered them to us in the parking lot of the funeral home. Ray and I wore them under our newly purchased plaid jackets (aka Muskoka Dinner Jacket). Heather (his wife) immediately broke out into a wide smile when she saw us and pointed out the display she had created which featured Jay's jacket with a photo taken at OnSTOC 2020 where he and some friends are wearing the jackets and t-shirts. (Yes, that is my bike immediately behind Randy in that photo.)

Attachments

Bike
2004 ST1300
Nicely done Dean.
The tuxedo n t-shirt were a nice touch. Its something the family will remember about Jay and his other family.
Sorry I couldn't make it but I cetainly was thinking about Jay, his family yesterday.

Bike
2008 Honda ST1300A
Nicely done Dean.
The tuxedo n t-shirt were a nice touch. Its something the family will remember about Jay and his other family.
Sorry I couldn't make it but I cetainly was thinking about Jay, his family yesterday.
I am shocked at what I am reading!! I just stumbled on this thread this evening. I can’t believe Jay is gone ! Marnie and are deeply saddened. I was looking forward to hanging out with Jay and talking “Africa Twin” stuff in Huntsville next week. Jay was a big part of the reason I bought one this Spring as he spoke so passionately about it and encouraged me to go for it. He even let me test ride his ATAS for a 1/2 day last September. RIP Jay.

Top Bottom