Roadsmart and BT021 front tire wear pix

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
My PR2's wore the same way. I had them on the trip to Colorado which meant they were used on a bunch of long sweepers. I believe it just looks odd to everyone because the tire is actually wearing out on the edges instead of the center (which we are all used to). JMHO.

Bike
ST
I just got back from a three day ride and ended up in Texas. My Roadsmarts look exactly like the picture. They have about 6000 miles total on them and decent tread left .

I tend to agree with Landon. New type of tire, get used to new tread wear patterns.

Paul:biker:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm telling you the Avon Storm is the bomb. This is my front tire 10 minutes ago. It has about 11,000 miles on it and I just bought a new one today to replace this one as the wear bars on the left side are showing flush. The Storms front and rear wear more symmetrically than any other tire I have tried on my ST - you can see that there is very little cupping and the profile in cross section remains a smooth ellipse without hard spots or angles like those other tires even though the sides are wearing more than the center. I ride in a sporting manner at a brisk pace. I washed the bike this evening and had to wipe moisture off the tire for the picture, leaving towel lint. I run 38-40 lbs front and 40-42 rear.

Last edited:

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
My PR2's look the same way with 6500 on them. High ridge down the center and wore on the sides. I think I will get decent mileage out of them. Much better than the rotten Dunlops it came with.

Seeing this wear pattern makes me want to put more air in them. I'd like a chance to try some different percentages than what Michelin has chosen for the PR2. After all, we on this board know more than some silly engineer, don't we? Okay, so may I don't but I'd love to be involved in a test group.

Flemming Rose

Flemming
Bike
1992 St1100a
STOC #
I have about 5000 on the front 021 and there's not much left. The rear seems fine. I normally get over 15k on the front. Would it be a problem to replace the front with a Metzler or Avon. The bike is a '92 abs

I have Bt021s on my front is well ijto the waer bar on one side only with 5M Km that is only about 3M miles. I can't belive it is worn so bad in that distance. I got 7500km out of the stock Dunlop. Anybody have a suggestion fro a good front.? Anyone else here having good luck with the AVON? I am planning a trip at the end of the week so I need to get something on by then.

I used to use BT-020's. I would get about 12-14,000 km's on them (7,500 - 8,500 miles). Hard to get them now so my last tire was a BT-021. Only got 6700 km's on it. Not a good tire. Here's a picture.

Attachments

Bike
'05 ST1300A
I used to use BT-020's. I would get about 12-14,000 km's on them (7,500 - 8,500 miles). Hard to get them now so my last tire was a BT-021. Only got 6700 km's on it. Not a good tire. Here's a picture.
No problem getting BT-020's here. Just replaced rear this week and have a front on order. Here's a couple of pics of the front at 15,140 km. No cupping and even wear to the indicators all around (BRP last fall helped put wear on sides :D). Most of my riding is fully loaded solo touring. Did not get as even wear, or mileage, from 2 sets of BT-021's. Considering price, performance and mileage I'm staying with BT-020's for now.

Edit: July 11, 09. There does appear to be a problem with availability with the front. Dealer could not get one for me and I ended up putting on an Avon Storm front yesterday. Happy with it after the first 450 km.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
I was told that the roadsmarts are dual compound only on the rears and that the front is not. If you go on the dunlop website they only refer to the dual compound on the rear not the front. I always thought that it was dual on front and rear. Is this true???

Although my experience has been good with the roadsmarts, my next set I think I will try the pr2's.

Gary
:04biker:

Top Bottom