Self Canceling Turn Signals?

This was my morning, it will sit until I get a gallon of acetone and transmission fluid.
That would be a LOT of frozen fasteners. Were you serious? Hopot sells acetone in their Paint Dept by the quart, and I've seen ATF in auto parts stores packaged like brake fluid - maybe a pint?

Just for giggles, I went to the ST2 turn signal website and checked if it is compatible with my VStrom. I've received 4 emails from them offering the same 40% off one or both modules - but only if I act w/in 48 hours to order them. I replied to their first em with a question - I asked for a link to an installation manual, and have received no answer yet. Their email discount offer did say if I have any questions to reply to the email.

Sad to say, their customer service seems to be more 'get the product out' than helping customers.

I decided, what the hell? What don't I have on my 1300 yet? Self cancelling turn signals.

So like others I visited the website and submitted a compatibility check and after a couple of 30% discount offers I got the reply below from David Rand on Wed. Nov 9th (red text added for emphasis). Rest assured it still works LONG after 48hrs. They know enough not to let let a fish get away once it's hooked!

Not a fan of having my brake lights activate unless I actually apply the brakes. I already hate riding with others that actually tap their brakes at every ripple in the road. I can't image what it would be like to follow a bike through the twisties equipped with their brake light system. I don't want to be 'that guy.'

Hi, David here from ST2 Systems
You completed a compatibility check on our website.
I'll keep this short so you can continue with your day (or perhaps this will make your Thursday even better). :)
Every 4 months we hold a raffle and select 40 riders that successfully completed the compatibility check.
You're one of the selected 40 this time.
The reward is a unique coupon code that brings you:
40 % discount on your entire order + Free Lifetime Warranty
Your coupon code is: xxxxxxx
For easy access, you can click one of the links below and you'll automatically add the item to your cart with the coupon applied.
ST2 Smart Brake Module: <link removed>
ST2 Smart Turn System: <link removed>
The ST2 Bundle: <link removed>
The Coupon code is one-time use only, but you can purchase multiple items if you'd like. The code is active for 48 hours. This coupon provides the highest discount possible - no other coupons (including upcoming ones for Black Friday) match this discount.
Hint: the Bundle is an absolute bargain at 40% off, both units for the price of one
I hope you have a lovely weekend. In case of any questions feel free to reach out.
Please note, we need about 1-3 days to assemble your unit as they are made-to-order. Quality over everything.
Again, congratulations on winning
Respectfully,
David Rand
p.s If you already purchased an item, we will apply this discount retroactively. Let me know via Return Email.

Not a fan of having my brake lights activate unless I actually apply the brakes.
I actually tested the deceleration brake light, for about half of this season, on just one of the bikes. My tuesday night group usually chooses a twisty technical ride,, which I am usually front or 2nd bike. Once you install that light brake light controller,,, you don't notice it yourself as your focus is always forward. Typically,,, I engine brake a fair bit,,, and have set up the unit to strobe on engine braking. I explain to the guys immediately behind me how it warns of deceleration by strobing,,, which occurs before the lever/pedal is applied. They really like it,,, and it helps them keep better separation, so I like it too. Peer pressure, both real or imagined, is usually counter productive. I try to go with what works best and to bell with what other people might think !!,,, but to each his own,,, cheers,, CAt'

I decided, what the hell? What don't I have on my 1300 yet? Self cancelling turn signals.

So like others I visited the website and submitted a compatibility check and after a couple of 30% discount offers I got the reply below from David Rand on Wed. Nov 9th (red text added for emphasis). Rest assured it still works LONG after 48hrs. They know enough not to let let a fish get away once it's hooked!

Not a fan of having my brake lights activate unless I actually apply the brakes. I already hate riding with others that actually tap their brakes at every ripple in the road. I can't image what it would be like to follow a bike through the twisties equipped with their brake light system. I don't want to be 'that guy.'

Hi, David here from ST2 Systems
You completed a compatibility check on our website.
I'll keep this short so you can continue with your day (or perhaps this will make your Thursday even better). :)
Every 4 months we hold a raffle and select 40 riders that successfully completed the compatibility check.
You're one of the selected 40 this time.
The reward is a unique coupon code that brings you:
40 % discount on your entire order + Free Lifetime Warranty
Your coupon code is: xxxxxxx
For easy access, you can click one of the links below and you'll automatically add the item to your cart with the coupon applied.
ST2 Smart Brake Module: <link removed>
ST2 Smart Turn System: <link removed>
The ST2 Bundle: <link removed>
The Coupon code is one-time use only, but you can purchase multiple items if you'd like. The code is active for 48 hours. This coupon provides the highest discount possible - no other coupons (including upcoming ones for Black Friday) match this discount.
Hint: the Bundle is an absolute bargain at 40% off, both units for the price of one
I hope you have a lovely weekend. In case of any questions feel free to reach out.
Please note, we need about 1-3 days to assemble your unit as they are made-to-order. Quality over everything.
Again, congratulations on winning
Respectfully,
David Rand
p.s If you already purchased an item, we will apply this discount retroactively. Let me know via Return Email.
The big buses have some ambers come on at "off throttle". Your rear ambers are waiting for a job if you switch to dual filament. Just sayin':)

I actually tested the deceleration brake light, for about half of this season, on just one of the bikes. My tuesday night group usually chooses a twisty technical ride,, which I am usually front or 2nd bike. Once you install that light brake light controller,,, you don't notice it yourself as your focus is always forward. Typically,,, I engine brake a fair bit,,, and have set up the unit to strobe on engine braking. I explain to the guys immediately behind me how it warns of deceleration by strobing,,, which occurs before the lever/pedal is applied. They really like it,,, and it helps them keep better separation, so I like it too. Peer pressure, both real or imagined, is usually counter productive. I try to go with what works best and to bell with what other people might think !!,,, but to each his own,,, cheers,, CAt'
The big buses have some ambers come on at "off throttle". Your rear ambers are waiting for a job if you switch to dual filament. Just sayin':)
Points taken. I'll reserve that for the 2024 season perhaps. Bet that the "40% off for the next 48hours" still works?!

Hi guys I a new to your site and have bought the Motogadget mo.stop but it have been told by Motogadget that it will not operate as a cancelling mechanism on my bike a Honda Nc 750. How anyone here fitted it as a cancelling device. If anyone has could they tell me how it was wired into the circuit. If not can use it as a brake light modulator.

Typically,,, I engine brake a fair bit,,, and have set up the unit to strobe on engine braking.
I am not one to tap my brakes to activate my lights because I'm compression braking even though a number of members have stated doing so in another similar thread. But I can see the wisdom. Using engine compression/braking to slow a bike is really much the same as using brakes without a brake light. In either situation the bike is being slowed as opposed to coasting to a stop where speed is bled off more gradually.

Now in reality if riders or drivers paid attention brake lights would only be needed at night or in bad visibility weather. Who can't tell that the vehicle in front of them is slowing so they need to slow as well. It's all about keeping a safe distance right? Apparently there are those lesser beings that need to see brake lights to know this.

Sure there are those nervous new lesser skilled riders who use their brakes much more than others who aren't bothered by ripples. Nobody wants to ride with them just like nobody wants a newbie to join in for tennis. So you pick your ride and your game.

What we don't know about the SMB is what G-force is required to activate it and the brake lights. Hard downshifts? Chopped throttle? Easing off the throttle? The fore/aft angle of the sensor is said to affect its response so maybe it can be fine tuned. I can see a scenario where a fairly smooth rider would have it activating far less than a nervous Nelly worried about getting in over their head.

Anyway I'm not pleased with ST2's marketing campaign. I'm getting a whole lot of those emails and their website has offered less and less information about the function of their products. When their turn signal module was released they several videos of them testing the product. Not so much for the SMB. And their hype about the mysterious new product? A $5 box they're marketing to US customers for $35? Oh yes Mr. Haney! Sign me up! Maybe sell me the SMB for $35 and I'll take a chance on the alleged lack of Customer Service some YT/Amazon commenters have complained about.

The SMB appeals to me. Their ethics do not so I'm on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom