Sena clamp seal

AJMeister

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Goldwing DCT
I have a Sena 20s EVO and I noticed that the seal on the clamp where the head unit connects is falling apart. This causes connection issues when riding in the rain. I cannot find a replacement seal. Has anybody repaired this? Please let me know how. I am looking for ideas.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't own a com device (yet). Have you called Sena customer service?

Fortnine chided Sena for making a unit that was not completely waterproof when it is designed to be worn on the outside of a helmet (in the rain). Next time look at Cardo.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
A liberal dose of dielectric grease may help.
I use the shield seal lube that came with my Shoei, to keep the seal sorry and pliable. I use the same seal lube around the seal on my Garmin Navigator 5 ,which has a similar seal where it mates up with the gps cradle contacts. Good results so far.

Dielectric grease as Pat suggests is a good solution as well.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
The same foam seal on my 30k has torn along the outside edge, rendering it no longer water resistant...
I just sent Sena an email and will see what happens. In lieu of getting a replacement, I will likely cut one from a similar thickness and durometer of foam (If can find some)

My Sena shorted out. Some dumbass charged it and forgot to close the charging port rubber seal. The new one works much better.....

Top Bottom