Side Stand Question

Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Morning all.....could be me or my age, but I'm finding it difficult to put the sidestand down while parking the ST1100....wondering if anyone has the same problem and if there's a sidestand extension available that you would recommend. Thanks

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Hopefully not a stupid question on my part- does it just need to be lubed at the joint and when you raise it, does it spring into place in the up position? Mine got a little stiff as well in the past (not really hard to put down)- I just used a little WD-40, then wiped it down and applied some lithium grease and it’s been fine since.

Unless you mean difficult to get your shoe to grab the lever point? As far as an extension goes, I’m not aware of one

EDIT: I did come across this, if it helps (but the seller is not in the US - is in Poland- and I’m not sure they ship to the US but I did email them to find out):

Last edited:
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Morning all.....could be me or my age, but I'm finding it difficult to put the sidestand down while parking the ST1100....wondering if anyone has the same problem and if there's a sidestand extension available that you would recommend. Thanks
I have the same problem. It's difficult to find the prong with my heel.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Unless you mean difficult to get your shoe to grab the lever point? As far as an extension goes, I’m not aware of one

EDIT: I did come across this, if it helps
Those are to make the foot bigger. We need what you said first.

I have trouble catching it with my heel even when I am looking.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I would think that to be an easy fix by adding a trim to fit bit of tubing. Maybe epoxied or welded. Cut the bit off at the or leave it on and just use larger diameter tubing. A spray of Krylon or VHT as appropriate.

Not that it's likely but it's possible an extension like Erdoc mentioned would keep the stand from tucking in as much and that might make it easier to fine the side stand lever.

OP
OP
lsdpoet
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Hopefully not a stupid question on my part- does it just need to be lubed at the joint and when you raise it, does it spring into place in the up position? Mine got a little stiff as well in the past (not really hard to put down)- I just used a little WD-40, then wiped it down and applied some lithium grease and it’s been fine since.

EDIT: I did come across this, if it helps (but the seller is not in the US - is in Poland- and I’m not sure they ship to the US but I did email them to find out):

Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
lsdpoet
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
I would think that to be an easy fix by adding a trim to fit bit of tubing. Maybe epoxied or welded. Cut the bit off at the or leave it on and just use larger diameter tubing. A spray of Krylon or VHT as appropriate.

Not that it's likely but it's possible an extension like Erdoc mentioned would keep the stand from tucking in as much and that might make it easier to fine the side stand lever.
Thanks for the reply

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600

If it matters and you’re interested in the part, the seller does ship to the US- he responded to me this AM- I don’t know what the shipping charges would be however.

Top Bottom