ST1100 41mm. Fork seal driver "HONDA" special tool.

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just ordered the Honda fork seal driver tools for the 41mm. ST1100 Standard forks. Part #'s 07947-KA50100 (Driver body) & part # 07947-KF00100 (Attchment). I hope to order the attachment that fits the 43mm. ABS forks soon as I can.

Gary.

:dr11:

Attachment? What's that? I thought the Honda seal driver was just a heavy, weighted collar you slide up and down the fork tube to seat the new seal. Both drivers in my STOC seal R&R loaner tool kit are that type. TIA

John

I'll post up pictures when I get them. One is the weighted part, the other one fits the dust seal, I think. I used both pieces when I did the seals on mine and RCB's forks.

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

I looked at the Service Manual and the Common Service Manual and think I understand now what the Honda special tools look like. The 41mm and 43mm drivers donated to the STOC are aftermarket; however, they work quite well. I would like to see pictures of the Honda versions. Assume there's separate 41mm and 43mm attachments for the common driver piece.

John

John, that is my understanding, that the driver works with both 41 & 43 mm. attachments. They should be in when I get back from Moonshine. And I'll take and post some good pictures of the set in action. As we are planning on doing Nathan's fork seals and bushing R&R on the Monday the 22nd.

I picked up the driver & attachment today.

100_5189.jpg

100_5191.jpg

100_5192.jpg

Now I'm ready to do 41mm. fork seals for anyone close to me that needs them replaced. Planning on getting smunderdog's done this coming Monday.

The driver is one piece, the attachment is one piece. This attachment is for the 41mm. fork tubes. I plan on getting the attachment for the 43mm. ones as soon as I get a few more $ $aved up, as they are a bit pricey.

I have a MP seal driver in 41,43,45 mm. the 41 & 43 split U turn it around. As in 1 end 41 the other 43. For some reason the 45 is just 45?
U could borrow any 1 of them.
also have wheel bearing driver, & pilots for st1100 & 1300 front & rear. both are the Honda shop tool. driver will do the bearing & seal. all the wheel bearing.
also have the Honda bearing remover. that set will do up to 30mm, small 10mm.

Thanks to Gary - we used he new fancy, shiny tool to drive my new fork seals on today. I tell ya - he is quietly setting himself up to be awarded MOTM someday soon with all the help he is providing a few of us here in Indiana! Thanks again Gary!

Nathan

Nathan, you are very welcome, sorry you had trouble on the way home. I ended up with 193 miles for today. I think we need to put some kind of 90* elbow on the intake of your pump to drop the filter straight down about 1 inch.

All I want to do is set myself up to,

1. Help others that need it from someone that understands the needs of the ST's.
2. Have a good place to do these types of things.
3. Learn new things as I go, and share the things that I already know.

Gary.

Back
Top Bottom