Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'll update this post as people provide info. But, I wanted to put a
table of the tire choices currently available as replacements for the STANDARD
tire on the ST1100. The Front/Rear columns will be the tire model
designators IF that brand supplies one for the front and/or rear.

*** Warning, there are an unusual number of tire failures reported on this site
associated with this model. They are listed as a proper fitment but are
not recommended.​

Last edited:
Sorry if this is threaded somewhere & this is going to be a opinionated issue... are Bridgestone battlax a good tire to run?
Or is there better?
The only reason I ask about Bridgestone as I have a battlax on the front in almost perfect condition... I don’t care about mix match tires, yes I know some do, and I appreciate that... In my experience if a company makes something good, it doesn’t mean that everything they make is good!
There was a Avon storm st on the back that was cupped, squared with chicken strips so much so that I think the past rider had the only extreme angle when it was on its side stand

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Sorry if this is threaded somewhere & this is going to be a opinionated issue... are Bridgestone battlax a good tire to run?
Or is there better?
The only reason I ask about Bridgestone as I have a battlax on the front in almost perfect condition... I don’t care about mix match tires, yes I know some do, and I appreciate that... In my experience if a company makes something good, it doesn’t mean that everything they make is good!
There was a Avon storm st on the back that was cupped, squared with chicken strips so much so that I think the past rider had the only extreme angle when it was on its side stand
My 2 cents is yes they are good.
As for mixing tires, some do, some don't. I always compare it to wearing 2 different shoes. It works, but they are usually designed to work in pairs. As long as you are willing to accept that the handling, traction or ability to handle cornering forces may vary between tire brands (or models in the same brand) then it's all good.
All that said a tire with tread will be better than a tire without regardless if you mix n match.

My 2 cents is yes they are good.
As for mixing tires, some do, some don't. I always compare it to wearing 2 different shoes. It works, but they are usually designed to work in pairs. As long as you are willing to accept that the handling, traction or ability to handle cornering forces may vary between tire brands (or models in the same brand) then it's all good.
All that said a tire with tread will be better than a tire without regardless if you mix n match.
100% agree
STeve :cbcgw:

Hi Looking for tire recommendations
Have a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires mounted. Are these any good for a Non ABS ST 1100?
I have never ridden this bike and have concerns about the choppy wear pattern both front and rear. That is to say if I run a hand along the contact surface of the tires they are bumpy. Almost saw tooth in nature. I think these are a dual compound tire and the soft part gives it up leaving the center with more to go.
Would I be OK running these to feel the bike out or should I just start fresh. This is subjective but I value all imput

Attachments

WILCO
Thanks
Any thoughts on the bumpy wear?
What is the difference in terms of ride / feel between Bias and Radials?

Or is there better?
I have never had issue with tires .some feel
Better in wet stuck with know brands
Even tryed shinko on rear my vfr 750.
Tire life more a thing .i liked standred oem
Pereri michean metzler good feel.heard avons cool too .get radials .get on good price

Top Bottom