ST1100 cheap adjustable clutch lever

Don’t know about you folks but I do not have a lot of disposable income these days.
Anyway I have never liked the feel of the clutch on my 1100. Can’t for the life of me figure out why Mother Honda did not make both levers adjustable. Well this forum got me fixed up but the reason I am posting as I just bought (apparently the last one at Dennis Kirk) an adjustable lever for 10 bucks. Yup, you read that right. I was going to post a link but they are now gone. Now it does have a carbon fiber print on it but who really cares? I could just hit with a rattle can but the other lever is faded anyway. Save a buck or two at FortNine as they still have it listed.
https://fortnine.ca/en/parts-unlimited-clutch-lever-carbon-fiber-look-44-198cf
IMG_5688.jpeg

Attachments

OP
OP
Computek
The first review I saw at Dennis Kirk stated the brake lever broke into pieces. Caveat Emptor
Well we shall see. Seems substantial enough and is aluminum. And also no one puts a death grip on a clutch like they can on a brake lever. At least I hope not!

OP
OP
Computek
Nice find!
IIRC, some years of the Honda VFR adjustable levers would work also.
That is correct. 750’s and 800’s I believe. That info is somewhere here in the forums. I just wanted to give back a little and save on or two a few dimes. God know that ya’ll have saved me a ton of cash doing my own work and farkles on this bike!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
And also no one puts a death grip on a clutch like they can on a brake lever. At least I hope not!
Given a moment's notice of impending doom and fiery death a lot of riders might involuntarily squeeze both levers simultaneously. But breakage would be far more likely to stem from the resistance to the clutch springs than grip strength of the rider.

That said I have a third-party lever on my 1300 that offers limited but welcome improvement in my using the clutch. If I dial it in too much the clutch safety switch isn't activated and the bike will start only in Neutral. Maybe I'll stumble onto a factory lever that's match and perfect fit.

OP
OP
Computek
Given a moment's notice of impending doom and fiery death a lot of riders might involuntarily squeeze both levers simultaneously. But breakage would be far more likely to stem from the resistance to the clutch springs than grip strength of the rider.

That said I have a third-party lever on my 1300 that offers limited but welcome improvement in my using the clutch. If I dial it in too much the clutch safety switch isn't activated and the bike will start only in Neutral. Maybe I'll stumble onto a factory lever that's match and perfect fit.
That’s true. I needed to bring the lever closer in as I would hand cramp with the stocker. It has me on the tips of my fingers. I am just real happy with the fit and ease at which I can now use the clutch. And it was dirt cheap too. Best to you and ride safe!

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles

Here it is.

OP
OP
Computek
Here it is.
Yup, that’s the post. Thanks for finding it. I have no “cons” on my install. Perfect for my hands and no issues getting in gear. Best to you!

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Yup, that’s the post. Thanks for finding it. I have no “cons” on my install. Perfect for my hands and no issues getting in gear. Best to you!
Do you find the clutch starts to engage when you are on the last 1/8 of releasing the lever? Has this zone changed at all with the new lever?
I too have the adjustable VFR clutch lever.

OP
OP
Computek
Do you find the clutch starts to engage when you are on the last 1/8 of releasing the lever? Has this zone changed at all with the new lever?
I too have the adjustable VFR clutch lever.
Mine was always at the end of the travel hence the problem. I haven’t paid attention to where it is now. I’ll get back with you on that tomorrow.

Top Bottom