ST1100 Radio Fit

Bike
st1100L st1100M
Hi there could anyone advise me what kind of radio is the best so i get the music into my bluetooth helmet or where to get speakers for my bike wbut would love it to be in the helmet cheers Dave

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I've been contemplating this for some time. Two different radios have caught my attention:

Jensen Marine "Guage" style:

ms30-front.jpg

Jensen JHD910

jhd910pkg.jpg

Search Amazon and ebay for some pretty good pricing.

Both of these have line out, that could be connected to a BT broadcast dongle that would feed to your helmet.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
You might consider one of the numerous MP3 players that are out there for music unless radio is the requirement. They can fit in your pocket and use pretty much whatever earphones you like that will fit in your helmet.

Dex

Bike
ST1300A
I have a GR100 FM marine radio (now replaced by the GR200) fitted to my bike. It is hard-wired via an Autocom unit into speakers in the helmet. There would be a picture below if I could get the upload to work. Here is a link to the radio:
http://www.gme.net.au/products/entertainment-systems/stereo-radio-marine/GR200
Only get the black one!
For MP3s I use my Garmin which is also hard-wired into the Autocom unit.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
You might consider one of the numerous MP3 players that are out there for music unless radio is the requirement. They can fit in your pocket and use pretty much whatever earphones you like that will fit in your helmet.
FYI, the newer iPod Nano's have FM radio and Bluetooth built in.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Another option would be a Garmin Zumo with satellite radio built in, they also allow you to store music, audiobooks etc. on a memory card. The only down side is the subscription cost but lots of mount options are available.

Gerhard

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I have the Jensen marine radio on my bike but you can always use your gps BT to helmet BT and store mp3 on gps. I have 4 speakers mounted on my dash. I can her them clearly up to 75mph truck noise washes out the speakers

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Here is what I did this is an Alpine media player works great with bluetooth in helmet
no speakers on bike at all....

ST1100 .JPGIMG_0450.jpgRadio & CB.JPGantennas.JPG

OP
OP
Bike
st1100L st1100M
Thanks guys got it sorted got scala g9 lol anyone want a radio fitment for the left hand side pocket ????

Why go through the hassle of installing a full size stereo on your motorcycle only to then use bluetooth for audio? I just got a set of Scala Rider headsets for me and the wife and I stream music from my Android phone to my Q2 headset on my helmet.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Well, the android (or any) phone might give one a hard time on controlling, i.e. in the rain... whilst the buttons of a full size stereo are still somewhat accessible for fat-fingering them with gloves on and that... ;-)

Well, the android (or any) phone might give one a hard time on controlling, i.e. in the rain... whilst the buttons of a full size stereo are still somewhat accessible for fat-fingering them with gloves on and that... ;-)
With the Scala Rider headset you can skip forward and backwards through the songs, change radio stations and adjust the volume all with the simple push of a button on the headset attached to your helmet even with gloves on.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
...on the headset attached to your helmet...
Yeah...and there is that problem again... :-D
Been through all that's avail/offered these days... still prefer my bike powered '99(!) Autocom with its fail-safe 'cause wire-based headsets; and above that I absolutely favor redundant systems... a PDA for 'phone things', a GPS for 'navigation issues', a pro series PMR for aux coms, a stereo/IceLink/iPod for handling TA & tunes, an 8" netbook for route planning and occasional Inet issues... happy as a clam with all my old stuff ;-)

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I use a handlebar mounted, hard wired iPhone and shoot bluetooth to a bluetooth receiver I bought from Amazon, to noise canceling inside-the-ear buds. I can control the volume with my gloved hand as long as it is on the bars. If it rains I have to put it in a pocket and can't control the volume. The music and GPS run at the same time with turn by turn directions.

Top Bottom