ST1100 windshield replacement

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Hello,
I found and bought today a cheap used ST1100 windshield. It is a smoked Mitsubishi M-4730M with cat eyes. Is that an original/standard Honda ST1100 Pan European windshield? It have aprox. 43cm (17") from base to top, 3cm high than one on my bike (Mitsubishi M-4725M)
My old bike is a 1991 that I found with very low miles and claimed to be stock. The early ST's didn't have vented windscreens, Those were added in 1995 for US models. It was clear with a little flip forward at the top. It began cracking around the mount holes after a few years so I replaced it with the taller, smoked screen on the right. Got it used from a local ST Owners member. The photo makes it look really tall, but it's just 2 inches taller that the original and also is unvented, no manufacturer marking on it anywhere. The new screen gives me a more comfortable cold weather ride. Down side is there is little indication of speed from the wind stream noise at any speed and I have to pay too much attention to my speedometer on highway trips.

1669462824740.png

Top Bottom