ST1300 / Compression test tool recommendations

As long as the 10 mm x 1.0 fits down the hole it should work fine.

I have an earlier version of the Equus tester, but I haven't tried it on the ST1300. Personally, though, I prefer a leak-down tester because it gives you more information when you do find a problem. The compression tester is easier to use, though.

I was curious about the post that I referenced above. Since my 1300 is still up on the lift I popped off the left maint cover and pulled Plug #1. I then attached the 10mm adapter and it screwed into the cylinder just fine. I didn't do an actual pressure test because I have all the plastic on my bike but I can confirm that the compression test kit that I have does fit.

I picked up a compression tester from Advance Auto this evening. It comes with a single flexible hose and multiple adapters. My concern with the adapters is that should the hose unscrew from the adapter when the adapter is screwed into the head, there's wouldn't be enough room to get a socket around the adapter to remove it. So, I'll be returning the kit tomorrow and picking up the one from Harbor Freight, which has multiple flexible hoses with a different size adapter built into the ends of the hose.

Back
Top Bottom